Poor Vegas and his allergies...

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So we just got back from our vet. Vegas got a short term allergy shot, a long term (6 weeks) allergy shot, antihistamines, an anti-fungal shampoo and an internal anal gland expression (YES he feels so violated, lol) WOW alot of stuff from the bottom. We are in the process of changing his food to a grain free. He is so stinky right now I can't even stand to have him close to me. Has anybody tried Natures Recipe Salmon, sweet potato and pumpkin Grain Free formula?? We are on a quest to find the right food. I would just like to hear feed back on this food. He is miserable, but so am I that I don't want to snuggle with him because I can't take the smell of him :(

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I've never tried that food before, grain free is definitely a great place to start. We all have our favorite food for our bullies with allergies but I like Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Salmon and Fromm Surf & Turf. Salmon oil on his food daily has helped my Samson alot as well.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
So we just got back from our vet. Vegas got a short term allergy shot, a long term (6 weeks) allergy shot, antihistamines, an anti-fungal shampoo and an internal anal gland expression (YES he feels so violated, lol) WOW alot of stuff from the bottom. We are in the process of changing his food to a grain free. He is so stinky right now I can't even stand to have him close to me. Has anybody tried Natures Recipe Salmon, sweet potato and pumpkin Grain Free formula?? We are on a quest to find the right food. I would just like to hear feed back on this food. He is miserable, but so am I that I don't want to snuggle with him because I can't take the smell of him :(
Mr.Beefy knows how he feels, when i got him he had to get an anal gland express , meidcated flush, injectable antibiotics, booty shaved and an abscess drained. His glands are not fully healed yet but its better and his tail yeast is almost gone. The smell was HORIIBLE rinsing with apple cider vinegar was the only thing that helped..... We hope he gets better soon.

Reggie

Jul 16, 2010
Stopsley, Luton, Bedfordshire, England
Bulldog(s) Names
REGINALD GRUFFALO THE FIRST
I'm having similar situation with Reggie who has a skin reaction on his head/neck that the vet thinks maybe a food allergy. The vet recommended a hypo-allergenic food and suggested I start with an ingrediant Reggie hasn't had before so I've got Burns Duck & Brown Rice which is a UK food. I hope I'm not being thoroughly ignorant here but I'm assuming the 'rice' is considered the carbohydrate content and isn't a grain as such like corn etc. I'm just doing the week change over at present and will let you know how I get on. The vet also gave Piriton anti-histamine x1 daily.
Poor Vegas - why does he smell so bad? Reggies head isn't choice at the minute but still kissable. Where's the smell coming from? Sorry this isn't a post about the food stuffs you requested as I don't get them here.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION]
Where do you find salmon oil?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION]
Where do you find salmon oil?

We found several brands on both Petco and Petsmarts' websites so assume it is in stores as well. We havent tried it but have heard it helps with sheading too.... I hope that is true because Gracie really sheds alot. Is there a brand that is recommended?

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
Maybe I sound like a broken record but I went raw with my girl who is 2 and it made a complete turn around. She used to scratch her face, ears and feet till they bled. I started with chicken thighs without anything else for a month (no skin). Then I added brown rice. 2 cups chicken to 4 cups of rice. Added 1 T oil 1 meal. I tried adding ground beef but almost immediately she started going crazy scratching so stopped and went back to chicken. Now I give 1 chicken thigh with bone in for 1 meal and then boneless chicken cut up or par boiled the other meal. For her it works great! Her face has never been so white and absolutely NO tear stains. Her coat is soft also. Every dog isn't the same. It took me 6 months to figure out hers. I also give her chicken gizzards every other meal. Good luch with your girl.
Roanne

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.