hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Has anyone flown with their bully?

Matilda has flown before (when her breeder brought her to me) but she was just a little sausage then, and was in a carrier under the seat. What happens when they can't fit under the seat?

I've heard that while putting ANY dog with the cargo is sad, it may be dangerous to bullies breathing problems? True or false?

Do you guys take your bullies on trips requiring flight?

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I am willing to state, as a community, we DRIVE vice Fly. TOO many horror stories about bullies (and other dogs) dying on flights in Cargo, most airlines wont even risk Mushie Faces anymore.

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Debo's dog trainer said it is dangerous for bullies to fly & that he would write something up for me saying Debo is a therapy dog!? That way he doesn't have to fly as cargo. Lol. It's true, he is my therapy! Maybe you could try that!?

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

Sep 3, 2012
Lawrence, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Dent
We just moved across the country and unless you can somehow find a way to get him to fly in the cabin there are literally ZERO airlines that will allow a bully to fly in cargo anymore, outside of (I think) Alaska airlines... and for that you have to sign a waiver.

It's really just not worth it to put them in cargo, either, tho.... way too much of a risk. :( I have heard of people managing to get bullies into the cabin by buying an extra seat, but I'm not sure which airline it was? That might be an option if you do some research. Good luck!!

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
We're flying out of state to visit family for Thanksgiving, but since Tilly is a service bully (in training), she gets to sit on my lap... so I guess it'll never be an issue for us. Depending on how the rest of service training goes. :blink:

I don't think I could ever put any doggie in the cargo :( What if something happened?

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
I bought a new vehicle that had 3rd row AC for a vacation where I was going cross country just for my first bully. I'd never fly them.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I wouldn't risk it I would buy a seat just for the dog if you had to fly I think theirs a airline that will let you do that I would look it up if you have to fly me I would drive

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would never ever fly a bully or any dog as far as that goes in the cargo hold. Not worth the risk.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I would find a way for your bully to sit in the cabin with you or drive. Bulldogs are to precious to lose!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.