Camping with your bully

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Does anyone take their bully camping? I would like to take Herman, but I think that the first trip should be in an RV due to him being a prima donna.

I was checking out RV rentals, but I can only find the cruise usa rentals - which have the big ADS all over their trucks. Tourist magnet!!

does anyone have recommendations for where I can rent an RV?

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: no help but we wanted to go camping to an if you can't find a place to rent a RV you could get a cabin it might be the same amount I think it would be awesome this time a year

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] and several others here do a lot of camping w/their bulldogs. I haven't yet but hope to one of these days.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh so many take their babies with them camping. I do not just because my hands are too full with my girls to bring 3 more along. lol. Plus our trailer is small. I think on craigs list you can find private rentals as well as the big name ones.

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Oh so many take their babies with them camping. I do not just because my hands are too full with my girls to bring 3 more along. lol. Plus our trailer is small. I think on craigs list you can find private rentals as well as the big name ones.

Thanks, that's a good idea!

[MENTION=5480]loveabully[/MENTION] I will check in to cabins as well. When I was in the girl scouts I remember sleeping in some big house with no windows, but it had a working kitchen, bathroom, etc. LOL And it snowed while we were sleeping in the windowless rooms in our sleeping bags.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=5580]elearn[/MENTION] - We just went camping, I went with my parents and they have their own 5thWheel but the place we went (Lake of the Springs) has rental RVs and cabins in the campground that looked really nice ... so if you know where you're going you can call camp grounds around the area to see if they have rentals set up in their park. the lake of the springs also had a dog park that was fenced in right down to the lake so you could let your dog(s) off leash to run and play on the beach and in the water. the dogs had a blast!!! was our first time near water that the dogs could try swimming so I got them both a life jacket and let them dive right in!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We've always had our guys with us while camping. Well not sure if you call it camping for us it's more like heading the lake with a home. :D Wilson and Emma do very well but they do stay inside where the AC is when it's hot during the summer. To keep Wilson cool he has his own kiddy pool that stays in the storage of the camper. I just fill it with a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket about 3 times. We'll take them to the shoreline but only in the morning when it's still cool out since it's a bit of a walk for them. I have pictures all over the place here of them since most pics of them are taken at the lake.

Try RV America too. I see lots of those during the summer. All rentals will have something to advertise though.

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
You guys have given some great ideas! I found a place in Lake Placid that has a number of cabins and a dog park. And I found a place in MD that I believe has a beach (Point Look out) and campsites.

I think that they have just started to allow dogs in campsites in NJ and the one I usually go to does not allow them :(

jessport

Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Bulldog(s) Names
daisy
We took miss daisy camping, tent and all! She loved it, my friends who went with us brought their olde English bulldog. They both had a blast! Daisy slept with us in our tent. The only thing that I didn't like about it, after 3 days roughing it she was nearly all black from the dirt! No matter how dirty she got I had to ignore it because she was having so much fun :) . I did throw her in th bath as soon as we walked in the door lol and she was all white again :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This is my idea of camping ........... ac/heat .... running water ... toilets ... room service ... king size bed .... I like the 5* style of camping!! :up:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
We haven't taken Ftse camping yet but we are planning on buying an RV and then he will be with us everytime we go anywhere.

We hired a RV from Camping World last year when we here in the states last year and at some of the RV parks we camped at their were alot of people with their dogs, we found this company very good.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online