Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
If there is a toilet and a mini bar ............ I AM THERE!!! :up:
There is as matter of fact and a regular size shower. The adult cool refreshing beverages have their own spot on the counter. :cheers: I even take the margarita maker sometimes. We, camp - couch couch, in style. :D

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We haven't taken Ftse camping yet but we are planning on buying an RV and then he will be with us everytime we go anywhere.

We hired a RV from Camping World last year when we here in the states last year and at some of the RV parks we camped at their were alot of people with their dogs, we found this company very good.

I want to do that ... rent out an RV and travel a bit in style. The hubby doesn't like the idea though ... says we'd be trailer trash ... this from the man who thinks that camping in dirt, and cooking his dinner on a camp fire is OK!!! :wtf:

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Mac and Cleo loved it when we were living in Washington! Last time my hubby drank too much and couldn't get them off the air mattress where they were sleeping with me so he slept on the floor. Guess they knew he'd give up real quick!

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
We took miss daisy camping, tent and all! She loved it, my friends who went with us brought their olde English bulldog. They both had a blast! Daisy slept with us in our tent. The only thing that I didn't like about it, after 3 days roughing it she was nearly all black from the dirt! No matter how dirty she got I had to ignore it because she was having so much fun :) . I did throw her in th bath as soon as we walked in the door lol and she was all white again :)

Im not sure I want to be stuck in such a small space with the fartmeister LOL I think our tent is a 6 person tent and its filled with my electric fan and laptop and all. But I guess I should give Herman some credit that he might be able to rough it.... Im just not convinced. We just went to the poconos and he was afraid of baby deer LOL

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I want to do that ... rent out an RV and travel a bit in style. The hubby doesn't like the idea though ... says we'd be trailer trash ... this from the man who thinks that camping in dirt, and cooking his dinner on a camp fire is OK!!! :wtf:

I think its trailer trash when you're living in a trailer....not travelling in style in a "recreational vehicle" I've been wanting to buy one and roam free, but my husband isnt so keen on the idea either. So I figure renting one would be cool.... I always think of the movie the "Long, Long Trailer" when I get inspired to do that :ROFL:

jessport

Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Bulldog(s) Names
daisy
Im not sure I want to be stuck in such a small space with the fartmeister LOL I think our tent is a 6 person tent and its filled with my electric fan and laptop and all. But I guess I should give Herman some credit that he might be able to rough it.... Im just not convinced. We just went to the poconos and he was afraid of baby deer LOL

I would be scared to camp in the poconos with the bear lol. I was up there last year...my in-laws have a house up there :)

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I would be scared to camp in the poconos with the bear lol. I was up there last year...my in-laws have a house up there :)

oh we stayed in a house there!!! but the deer were in the back yard. when i go camping, i'm definitely afraid of bears, every movement i think it's a bear :(

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

When my hubby suggested it last year for us to do Route 66 in RV I truly thought the same but it was so much fun in the RV and you get to meet so many nice people from all over the world.

jessport

Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Bulldog(s) Names
daisy
oh we stayed in a house there!!! but the deer were in the back yard. when i go camping, i'm definitely afraid of bears, every movement i think it's a bear :(

when we were there, there were 4 bears running around. They tore up the bear trap for the garbage cans. I wouldn't go outside alone lol. I also saw my first fireflies there (we don't have those in NV). But I have to say, it is sooo beautiful! My family is by Lake Naomi and omg it is breathtaking!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
This is my idea of camping ........... ac/heat .... running water ... toilets ... room service ... king size bed .... I like the 5* style of camping!! :up:

In the RV's you get .....Air.......running water.....toilet/shower.......room service (your hubby of course)........king size bed they certainly are different to what I was expecting some even have washing/dryer in them, they changed my mind!!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
We now have a RV, however when Sophie and Abby were little we took them tent camping all the time. We graduated to a pop-up, that way (at least we thought) we could leave them alone, in the AC, while we do things. Well, they soon figured out how to push the door open. So then we upgraded to a RV. All three come with us and love it.

When it is cold and we have a fire, they will lay around it with us, they all love to be outside.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon

haha good thing the bear wasn't walking around the neighborhood when you were up at the house

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
haha good thing the bear wasn't walking around the neighborhood when you were up at the house

You have a bear???????

We had a baby deer that was born in our backyard a couple of months ago and some wild turkeys this week.... so far I havent seen any bears, I dont think they will come down this far. There was some wild bobcat or something running around here though LOL

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
We now have a RV, however when Sophie and Abby were little we took them tent camping all the time. We graduated to a pop-up, that way (at least we thought) we could leave them alone, in the AC, while we do things. Well, they soon figured out how to push the door open. So then we upgraded to a RV. All three come with us and love it.

When it is cold and we have a fire, they will lay around it with us, they all love to be outside.

Awww they are escape artists!! Herman loved the fireplace at the house we stayed at, so I might get a small one... but I'm too nervous about having him next to the fire :( I discussed with my husband this morning if Herman would be OK in the tent.... and we thought maybe, then looked at him and said "um, no" LOL

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
You have a bear???????

We had a baby deer that was born in our backyard a couple of months ago and some wild turkeys this week.... so far I havent seen any bears, I dont think they will come down this far. There was some wild bobcat or something running around here though LOL

haha, when the bears get down by you they tranquilize them and bring them up by me, we have tons of them. Deer, turkeys, and coyotes too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.