How do you travel with your bullys?

eleanorsserf

Sep 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor and Alfred
Mom and I want to go visit her parents in Cali (we live in FL), and I don't want to leave my babies behind. How do you guys travel with your babies? Are there any recommended airlines we could use? I've heard bad things about air planes and dogs but i don't want to drive from FL to cali.. Thanks.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Not all airlines will let you fly bullies with them and you can't fly in hot weather. The airlines should have a pet policy page which spells out your choices and the costs.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Most airlines will only let you take a puppy in the cabin with you, but it can be a night mare as a friend of ours told us. DO NOT fly your bully in the cargo hold as they do other dogs or cats, as you may find a dead bully on the other end, due to heat, or suffocation. It is not worth the risk. United Airlines just killed a Lab not long ago, because they did not place the Lab in a place it could get enough air, too sad.

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
There is a new company (pet jet? Pet airways? Idk) that flys pets only. They have a cabin with crates and several attendants. I'm sure it's ridiculously expensive. That's the only way I would consider flying an animal. It's such a stressful, loud, dangerous situation for a bully that I just drive with Lupe long distance for any trips we can do that. We have a great time!

We have four animals and we like to think we take the best care of them that we can. I have a trusted dog sitter who takes care of the house, mail, and pampers my babies when we have no choice but to fly somewhere. Whenever we get back, they're all like, hey, wassup? And then they go bout their business as if we never left.

Sep 3, 2012
Lawrence, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Dent
I just took a four day cross country road trip from Rhode Island moving to Seattle with Roxy in her kennel in the back seat. She was an angelface the whole way.

If driving is an option, do that... unless you have a few thousand dollars to use one of the pet movers/pet airlines there are. I know when we checked into them for moving Roxy, one way to Seattle from RI was almost four thousand dollars. :(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.