Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
When I lived in New York City, I saw alot of Bulldogs. Lots of people in NYC have Bulldogs, and I would always be drawn to them everytime I saw one. I think thats one of the great things about Bulldogs, everyone just wants to come up to them and touch them! They are adorable! I was always attracted to the Brachycephalic breeds, so I knew when I got a dog, it would be one of those breeds. I first got my PUG, who I adore, but I knew that deep down I just had to have a Bulldog! I love their look, their personality, and everything about them. People don't see alot of Bulldogs, so when they do, they are drawn to them like magnets. Maximus is always a big hit at the Park when we go. Everyone wants to come up to him and pet him !

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
When I lived in New York City, I saw alot of Bulldogs. Lots of people in NYC have Bulldogs, and I would always be drawn to them everytime I saw one. I think thats one of the great things about Bulldogs, everyone just wants to come up to them and touch them! They are adorable! I was always attracted to the Brachycephalic breeds, so I knew when I got a dog, it would be one of those breeds. I first got my PUG, who I adore, but I knew that deep down I just had to have a Bulldog! I love their look, their personality, and everything about them. People don't see alot of Bulldogs, so when they do, they are drawn to them like magnets. Maximus is always a big hit at the Park when we go. Everyone wants to come up to him and pet him !
@%1;[MENTION=701]Maximus[/MENTION]@%1; my dad is always saying "why don't you bring Horse out for walks more often, or to the dog park, you'll surely be able to find a date with Horse". I laugh, but it actually works. I used to take Horse to the dog park all the time when I was pregnant, and I actually got hit on quite often, who hits on a pregnant woman??? So, since I've been single for awhile now, I might have to take pops up on his suggestion!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
It's pretty amazing, isn't it? How these EB's work their way into your heart? I grew up with dogs, have had a number of different breeds as an adult. I always thought I loved my dogs in the past, but it's been SOOOO different with Gertie and Ida. We took them with us to Denver a couple weeks ago to visit my husband's family. Now I'm in Mich. visiting friends and family, and I miss my babies more than I miss my husband! He's been text messaging me new pics of them and even tho I :heart:LOVE, LOVE, LOVE:heart: Michigan, I miss them so much, I can't wait to get back home to them! We drove to Denver, wish I could have driven to Mich. too, they'd be with me, for sure!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It was my husband who always wanted EB's ... I always thought you couldn't get anything better or funnier than a miniature schnauzer!! (We have two of those). Eventually we got our Maggie .... and now I wish I'd discovered english bulldogs years and years ago.

I know this is going to sound terrible ....... but we have six dogs and yet Maggie is so obviously the favorite ..... :eek: I'm such a bad Mommy!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
it was my bf who always wanted a dog. i was open to one, but my only condition was not to get a large breed because we live in a townhouse. and he wanted a great dane! his condition was not to have a small 'pocket' one. lol. so i was always keen on bulldogs as i think they're so adorable, and went to a pet show earlier this year so i can show him how they are. he fell in love instantly. we did our research and got Stig late last month. he makes both our days unpredictable and exciting. it's wonderful too watching them play together, never heard my bf laugh as much so often!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I don't know what it is about them, I think it is that they are more than just a companion. They catch your attention when you are not expecting it, and constantly make you laugh. To me, they are like toddlers (human, that is). They can get into things and be bad, or the just sleep or snort or stick their tongue out- and you are saying "awwwww look!!!!" Just like you would with a toddler. I have owned other breeds as well, but I don't ever remember saying "Awwww look!!!" at them to anyone. It's just different. They have a quirky way about them.....

16 years ago this is what my husband wanted- and I said HECK NO!!! Well, he talked me into it and the minute I laid eyes on Baby I was a forever bulldog person. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I am CONSTANTLY saying aaawwwww look!! My husband just rolls his eye's as I "baby talk" to Vegas telling him how cute he is. LOL

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Dozer has my heart in a way that no human could. I have always loved dogs, but he isn't really a dog . My boyfriend is NOT a dog person. In fact he is very afraid of dogs as he was viciously attacked by a dog when he was 5. He was knocked unconscious and required several stitches. After a few years and some crying he finally relented and said I could get a dog, but he was having NO part in anything having to do with it. A week later I got a phone call asking if I knew anyone who could take an eb puppy being kept in a garage in the cold. Of course I did... Me! I have always wanted one but I knew it had to be a rescue. When my bf and I went to pick him up that night, Dozer ran straight up to him. My bf reached down picked him up straight away wrapped him in his jacket. They have been in love ever since. I had to promise not to let him on the furniture or the bed but other than that it was great. Dozer had an upper resp infection when we got him. The night after we took him to the vet he was coughing pretty badly. I ran to the pharmacy to get D some cough meds and came back to find D and my bf asleep together in our bed. I was shocked. I was told "he was sick and he needed to be cuddled and kept warm".He has slept with us every night since. My bf even refers to himself as his Dad. They are miracle workers I tell you. You just can't say no to them.

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Duh???????????It's the 100 percent unconditional love that they give you and their unique personalities and their peculiar traits which make you smile and laugh. In other words they bring sunshine into your life. Who doesn't like sunshine and love?

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I agree with [MENTION=1645]Mike Blaylock[/MENTION] its the way the do things just a little different that a regular dog that make us laugh.
They want to be touching you constantly. After Kizer my Great Dane died I thought I would never get
another dog. If I did I surely wouldn't be as attach to it as I was Kizer. Not to say he has been replaced,
but Jozi sure holds a special place in my heart too.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
My husband always wanted a BUlly. We went driving by a pet store that had puppies for sale (I know bad bad to buy from a pet store) but one look at Cass and we took out a loan to get her. A few months afterward my father passed away. She would get up in bed with me and actually console me. She'd kiss my face and lay next to me all day...since then, she never would leave my side when I was home.We always said no more bullies because of all the vet bills with her and she always had such terrible allergies and then cancer. It was the hardest thing I ever did having to put her to sleep at the end, but she was in such pain.It was like losing a child. It only took about 2 days after she was gone that hubby and I looked at eachother through tears and said "we need another bully"... so off we went to get Belly from a breeder I contacted on the BCA website.

I've owned many dogs over the years but none ever compared to the little lovable clowns bullies are. We haven't been on vacation in 11 years because I trust no one to look after my bullies... I'm thinking it's time to get a camper with a/c so we can take Belly :heart:

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Growing up, of course I attend Sheffield schools where the eb was our mascot. We had a real bully for the school named Jeramiah, and I fell in love. I was very active in school cheering and was even "bite-chu" the mascot my jr year. That put the desire in my heart. Years later, after always seeing pics and saying to myself "one day I will have one" I started working at my present job where two fellow employees owned eb. Judy was actually breeding hers and I said yes this is my opportunity. Her baby ended up having cancer and passed so that was out the window. Then Mary had one named Sadie who I loved and purchased another named Theo. She would bring pics in daily and I wanted one even more but really couldn't afford one. Then whatda ya know but a very close personal friend got one named LU and I knew I had to do whatever it takes to get my eb. I saved and searched and found the man who had Saban. I got Saban because of course I loved him but the man whom I got him from has a horrible operation going on. I paid only $400 for him and later found out he was 3/4 english 1/4 olde english, which didn't matter cuz he already had my heart. I knew I wanted another because I had a picture of what I wanted my eb to look like and Saban was totally opposite. The hubby and I browsed and found a breeder in Huntsville that had some pups and of course had a pup just like i wanted!!! So we wnet and picked him up on friday night and are head over hills in :heart:. He costed ALOT more than Saban, but worth every penny! :luv:

Susan McGivney

Jul 8, 2011
Dutchess County, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
I don't have one yet, hoping to rescue! I was looking for a dog. Almost got a pug but the person changed her mind. Then I was looking on craigslist (gasp) and someone had to give her bully away because she couldn't afford her. Well that didn't work out either. But now all I want is a EB!! i hope the rescuing doesn't take long because I'm impatient!!! I afraid that once I get one, I will want another!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.