Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: English Bulldogs, Why???????????

Doggie Boutique Owner Angelgirl's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: English Bulldogs, Why???????????

My husband always wanted a BUlly. We went driving by a pet store that had puppies for sale (I know bad bad to buy from a pet store) but one look at Cass and we took out a loan to get her. A few months afterward my father passed away. She would get up in bed with me and actually console me. She'd kiss my face and lay next to me all day...since then, she never would leave my side when I was home.We always said no more bullies because of all the vet bills with her and she always had such terrible allergies and then cancer. It was the hardest thing I ever did having to put her to sleep at the end, but she was in such pain.It was like losing a child. It only took about 2 days after she was gone that hubby and I looked at eachother through tears and said "we need another bully"... so off we went to get Belly from a breeder I contacted on the BCA website.

I've owned many dogs over the years but none ever compared to the little lovable clowns bullies are. We haven't been on vacation in 11 years because I trust no one to look after my bullies... I'm thinking it's time to get a camper with a/c so we can take Belly
    "A bulldog is like a potato chip, you can never have just one"

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

Growing up, of course I attend Sheffield schools where the eb was our mascot. We had a real bully for the school named Jeramiah, and I fell in love. I was very active in school cheering and was even "bite-chu" the mascot my jr year. That put the desire in my heart. Years later, after always seeing pics and saying to myself "one day I will have one" I started working at my present job where two fellow employees owned eb. Judy was actually breeding hers and I said yes this is my opportunity. Her baby ended up having cancer and passed so that was out the window. Then Mary had one named Sadie who I loved and purchased another named Theo. She would bring pics in daily and I wanted one even more but really couldn't afford one. Then whatda ya know but a very close personal friend got one named LU and I knew I had to do whatever it takes to get my eb. I saved and searched and found the man who had Saban. I got Saban because of course I loved him but the man whom I got him from has a horrible operation going on. I paid only $400 for him and later found out he was 3/4 english 1/4 olde english, which didn't matter cuz he already had my heart. I knew I wanted another because I had a picture of what I wanted my eb to look like and Saban was totally opposite. The hubby and I browsed and found a breeder in Huntsville that had some pups and of course had a pup just like i wanted!!! So we wnet and picked him up on friday night and are head over hills in . He costed ALOT more than Saban, but worth every penny!

Real Name
    Sue
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily
    Likes (Received)

I don't have one yet, hoping to rescue! I was looking for a dog. Almost got a pug but the person changed her mind. Then I was looking on craigslist (gasp) and someone had to give her bully away because she couldn't afford her. Well that didn't work out either. But now all I want is a EB!! i hope the rescuing doesn't take long because I'm impatient!!! I afraid that once I get one, I will want another!!!
    Sue

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads