Bulldog puppy noses

Malone

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chief
I have a 15 week old bulldog named Chief. He is a great bulldog, but I would like to know if his nose is considered a little bit to long are will it become shorter as he ages. Here is a few pictures as he has aged. 1007122118.jpgpacker.jpg1019122354.jpg

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
My first bully had a longer snout and had much less breathing issues then my second who had a very flat snout. I don't believe (but I've never shown my boys) the longer snout is not desired for showing. All that matters is you love him the way he is!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
May I first say, what a handsome bully!

I think his snout is a bit long but nothing so dramatic to question his breeding. Also, their heads tend to take up to 2 year to fill out so I wouldn't worry too much...not mention, he is gorgeous as is!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
He has a small nose rope. That's good for breathing! Wait until he fills out before you wonder.... Bo has changed INCREDIBLY since he was a pup. He'll be two in Feb. and looks more EB than Bea sometimes! (and you could camp out on her nose rope)

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Here's the AKC "standard" for noses...

Nose--The nose should be large, broad and black, its tip set back deeply between the eyes. The distance from bottom of stop, between the eyes, to the tip of nose should be as short as possible and not exceed the length from the tip of nose to the edge of underlip. The nostrils should be wide, large and black, with a well-defined line between them. Any nose other than black is objectionable and a brown or liver-colored nose shall disqualify.

Personally, as long as you're happy with him and he's got a great home, that's all that matters. :yes:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I don't know about standards for noses or anything else, I didn't get my guys for showing, I got them for our pets. That said, my male Bulldozer has what the vet says a very severe underbite, it didn't show itself until he was 5 months old. It's considered a genetic defect, but I wouldn't give him back, or change him for anything. He is the sweetest, gentlest , most laid back guy, and he looks so cute because his bite doesn't meet, his tongue hangs out all the time, to me he just looks cuter, and I love him just the way he is. Besides God made him that way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 127
OP
M

Malone

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chief
Thanks everybody for the comments Chief is a little awesome dude. Here is another picture just to give yall another viewing angle. And his nose being long doesn't have any effect on how much we love this little guy. I just wanna make sure he isn't mixed are anything sense he was a bit pricey. 1020121012.jpg

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
Here's a picture of the difference of my two boys, tank on the right had a much longer snout. He was 86lbs and much taller then the average bully but still pure EB

image.jpg

OP
M

Malone

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chief
Yea Chief at his 15 week vet check was 24.6 pounds so I think he is gonna be a big ole boy.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus is now 16 months and has a longer snout than most! His now rope is there but not as big! I am so good with that as Brutus breathes beautifully!

Here are his pictures! I'm noticing now his head is getting bigger and the wrinkles are more pronounced now :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350755470.215052.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1350755479.815738.jpg

Sorry for the mess in my house! I am babysitting and the kids took every toy out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

Malone

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Chief
Brutus looks alot like Chief thanks for the pics he is a good lookin dog.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: Franklin has a longer nose then most he has a very tiny rose ropeIMAG0643.jpgFRANKLIN.jpgFRANKLIN @ 19 WEEKS.jpg

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names

Thanks! I have others when he was a pup and he def has more wrinkles now an the nose rope has grown also. They will continue to grow until about 2-3 years old :)

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names

Thanks! I have others when he was a pup and he def has more wrinkles now an the nose rope has grown also. They will continue to grow until about 2-3 years old :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.