How many of you have pet ins?

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
I've had pet insurance for all three of my boys. I started 14 years ago woth Tank but man the policies have gotten so much better, I think sausage has better health insurance than me.
I'm not trying to start a what company is better thread, just seeing how many of you all have insurance for your kiddos.

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
I have pet insurance for Lily and I am so happy that I have it.
For me it really has helped a lot.
I rememeber when I first got Lily a few days later I met a very nice man who also had a bully. And he was giving me all kinds of tips and telling me what I could expect with her
and he said the best thing I could do for her and myself was to invested in pet ins!
And boy was he right!! Lol

OP
Tank1023

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
A friend of mine gave me my second boy Jax, I told her I would take him if tank got along with him. She was giving him to me for free because he had been to 4 military homes in two years.
We met in a natural area and the boys ran around playing like crazy...I fell in love with fat Jax right away. I took him home and noticed the next day he was limping from all the running around. His ins wasn't going to start for two weeks, well it cost me $3500 for a TPLO surgery. Wish they would have waited two week to play that hard :)

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I have vpi but I would love to know what other companies are out there. My job gives me 5% discount to enroll with them, that's part of our benefit package, but my monthly bill is amost $50/month. I got the full coverage but I am not questioning if it's worth spending that much money per month.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We have insurance for both puppies, I put them on the Puppy Wellness program, will keep them there until they are a yer old, it covers everything for puppies, shots, meds, spay, neuter, accidents, illness, etc. then I will switch them to level 3 . I just submitted my claims for the 1st time since getting them , and I'm getting about $3,800 back. It's so worth it. There are so many vet visits, in the beginning, and they sure can add up, Dozer jumped the second day I got him and hurt his paw, X-rays were $385, and we didn't have insurance yet, Blossom got into my Grandsons bag of penny candy from the Bulkbarn, and ate 7 bags of candy, gummy worms, gummy bears, jelly tots, sour keys, maltesers, ran her to the vet, a dose of puke medicine, and she vomited 5 bowls of candy within 5 minutes,which came up all whole, she didn't chew it, she just inhaled it lol my little Hoover. That cost $105, which was covered.

Last edited:

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
We have insurance on Brutus, and very glad we do. We are switching him from just the accident plan to wellness, which will run us $116.00 per month.

EBD4ever

Oct 4, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (RIP) Izabelle "Izzy"
I didn't do a search yet on insurance. Is there a sticky on it somewhere? Are there many different companies to chose from. Does one stand out from the others? We were considering getting some for the new puppy.

OP
Tank1023

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
Sausage is on the wellness program also. I haven't checked into other companies, if you PM me ill let you know who I use. I'm not trying to advertise any specific company cause they are probably all better than nothing. Plus I don't want to break any rules here.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I have VPI for Samson and have since he was a pup (he's 6.5 yrs old now). I love it and last I check I have honestly received more money in reimbursements from VPI than I have ever paid in premiums.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I didn't do a search yet on insurance. Is there a sticky on it somewhere? Are there many different companies to chose from. Does one stand out from the others? We were considering getting some for the new puppy.

There are a lot if threads on Pet Insurance, but no stickie. I am posting this link, but there are many more. This one just had lots of info. We do have Trupanion. Never have made a claim, thankfully.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5495&highlight=insurance

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I have insurance for both Finn and Tate, and yes, I have had to make several claims already! Trupanion is my carrier and so far, aside from the rate hike, i'm satisfied with them.

Most Reactions