Question about nylabone

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I have a question about nylabones. Duchess having jaws of steel has been managing to start to grind down the nylabone. Is that safe/healthy ?

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I don't know I wouldn't want to let mine eat it I just buy them real bones or Kong's I wouldn't want her to eat plastic I'm sure she would. :poo: it out but I wouldn't risk her getting sick or her taking a big chunk off I never liked them anyway or raw hides so I would be very careful if you keep giving it to her

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
What nylabone does she have? Samson also has jaws of steel, I have spent a fortune trying all the different tough toys they have on the market and the only ones Samson cannot destroy is the big black kong and nylabone durable souper size pictured below. If this is the kind of nylabone you are talking about she should really only be shaving off pieces smaller than a grain of rice and it is totally safe according to Nylabone. Samson has been chewing these his whole life, 6.5 years and over the course of a couple months he will wear down the ends then I replace them. My vet actually attributes how incredibly clean his teeth are for a dog of his age to chewing these regularly :)

41J1CWQUjL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

Most Reactions