My OCD vs Meeko's OCD.. help!!

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Long story short i have OCD with everything needing to be tidy and in a certain place, position, straightened and tidy. I have a beautiful 14week old bully named Meeko who i adore to bits but he seems to have OCD with things bein in a different place to where they belong. E.g he likes to move his bed around and drags it to different rooms and he will move shoes..laundry baskets the babies table n chairs, pulling clothes off radiators onto the floors etc. He doesnt chew **yet lol** but i was wondering if anybody had any ideas how to stop him re-arrangin the house everyday.. Before i breakdown lol. Im sure he does it on perphas as he will move it then look at me so proud of himself and no matter how often i tell him no he just keeps moving it! I stop myself tidyin up his toys so theyr wherever he wants them until bed time.. All other training has gone well hes housetrained day and night.. Knows commands sit paw etc and walks brilliant on his lead! He knows 'no' with everything else its just this we cant agree on!! Xx

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
When ever you see him moving something, tell him "NO" and give him a toy to play with. It will take time and patience, but you will get there. Right now it's a game to him and he is seeing what he can get away with.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
:lmaogirl::haha::ROFL: I'm sorry. My husband and my son are OCD. I am not. It seems like just rewards for driving me nuts.

As to the dog, much of that will be out grown but until it is maybe you need to work on wearing him out more and distracting him from his curiosity. Teach him to fetch, take him for a really long walk, get him a cat or a Roomba to chase. Don't leave stuff like clothes where he can get to them. I gave up wearing my shoes into the house years ago. I just take them on and off on the front porch and leave them out there.

Actually a squirt gun or bottle with water in it works real well as a deterrent. Just say NO loudly and squirt. He'll hate it, it won't hurt him and he'll get the message. If I pull the bottle out and put it on the floor next to me all the dogs and cats go lay down somewhere and get very quiet. Just make sure not to leave it where he can pick it up and move it. He may decide to hide it from you.

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Thankyou so much linwhite.. He goes for 2 30+ mins walks a day and i jog around the block with him to encourage me to lose baby weight . He does fetch and we play it quite often. Id love to gey him something to chasr but i have a 16 week old baby too so thats a no go lol. Il try the squirty gun i done that trick to train my old persian cat! Come to think of it i squirted Meeko with the hosepipe the other day as he kept barking at me and chasing the brush when cleanin the back and he hasnt done it since. Il be straight to the shops in the morning for a squirty gun!! My partner finds it hilarious the OCD He kindly moves stuff around and times it before i move it back.. He finds it brilliant that Meeko rebells against it too :( lol xxx

Last edited:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
get him a cat or a Roomba to chase

:rofl::ROFL2: That is brilliant especially the cat one, we have a mint floor cleaner, same idea as a roomba but only does hardwood floors and Bacon will attack it if left unsupervised. Which makes for an expensive dog toy.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Some bully's are OCD and can't stand things out of place too. HRH is semi OCD, we would lead a never changing rote of a life if she had her way, but she does adapt to change if we give her no choice.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online