What does Your Bully Do to Get Your Attention?

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
So what does your bully or bullies do to try to get your attention to play with them? :tongue:

Izzy just started throwing her paw on me to grab my arm to pet her! I also noticed she does the same when playing with small dogs... the only problem is that the small dogs are half her weight she usully knocks them down to the ground when she does that!!!

Just curious to hear about your babies!

Here's a video of my baby girl last nite trying to get on the couch:

http://youtu.be/4CIpQkXGaAg

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Just wait until she figures out how to get on the couch, it will never end then!

Gunny just plants himself on us when he wants attention. If that doesn't work, then he "talks to us."

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
To play.... Cutty used to just drop his throw toy in our lap or next to us and then keep nudging like crazy. We dont play fetch with him now tho sadly since he tore his acl. I am a paranoid mama so he barely plays much. :( Miila is just wild with zoomies when she gets hyper wanting to play.

kspencer

Feb 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Ava and Spencer
My bullies Ava and Spencer do the same thing although now when laying in bed Ava gets right in my face and huffs with spittle. lol

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
To play.... Cutty used to just drop his throw toy in our lap or next to us and then keep nudging like crazy. We dont play fetch with him now tho sadly since he tore his acl. I am a paranoid mama so he barely plays much. :( Miila is just wild with zoomies when she gets hyper wanting to play.

awww so sorry to hear about Cutty's ACL, hopefully he will get better soon and be able to play fetch again. Izzy still doesnt care much about fetching... I end up playing with all the other dogs at the dog park and she just watches me. I can hear in her mind going: "all this work just for a ball? nahhh, I will just sit here and watch"

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
awww so sorry to hear about Cutty's ACL, hopefully he will get better soon and be able to play fetch again. Izzy still doesnt care much about fetching... I end up playing with all the other dogs at the dog park and she just watches me. I can hear in her mind going: "all this work just for a ball? nahhh, I will just sit here and watch"

He is fine now, all healed up actually since his surgery mama is just paranoid and at his age (almost 7) I am afraid to let him do too much. I did throw the toy around the yard the other day and he was in heaven. I just didnt let him do any crazy burnouts or anything. Nice and easy. haha

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Ruggles nudges me and/or barks to get attention. When I vacuum he leans on my legs rather than nudges to remind me that he is there and wants to be vacuumed!

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Ruggles nudges me and/or barks to get attention. When I vacuum he leans on my legs rather than nudges to remind me that he is there and wants to be vacuumed!

lol that is sooo funny!!! I saw a video on youtube about this bulldog that loves to be vacuumed!!!! Izzy freaks out and hides.... I even tried to put her favorite treat on top of the vacuum cleaner to see if she would relax and stop freaking out but she didnt even get close to it :(

jessport

Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Bulldog(s) Names
daisy
Miss daisy will jump up on my lap and start licking me, but if there's no room for her on the couch, she will sit next to me and whine and if I still don't pay attention she will bark at me lol

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
aww I miss those puppy yelps saying I want to get on the couch, enjoy it now. Bacon will come over and put his head under my hand when he wants rubbies, or jump up on the couch with me

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie

My bullys will fetch the ball or other dog toy when I throw it in the house. If I try to do it outside nope, I've got to go get it.

What they do for attention depends on the dog. Zeva, my Frenchie, jumps up in my lap, all 27 pounds of her. HI, I've got kisses! The rest of them crowd around my legs and Zoltan (Shortybull) will put his front legs up on the recliner's arm. Zappa (mini-bully) may do that to. He can also jump into my lap but doesn't generally do it. Zamboni (EB) just chews on the recliner foot stool or the handle to raise and lower it.

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Ellie usually just makes herself at home in our laps blocking a view of a laptop or the tv until we get one of her toys for her to lay down and suckle on. then she's good until she gets bored of suckling.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie brings her toy and pushes it all over me, particularly her favorite toy-- her shark. She puts it in my lap. She slings it in my face. She pushes it behind my back, getting her wet slobbery toy juice all over me. She will bug the crap out of me and stay in my face, pushing against me with her toy until I pay her attention.

It can get really annoying, but mostly it's just cute. She knows how to make mommy laugh and smell like dog slobber :lol:

OP
Izzy's Mom

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Aubie brings her toy and pushes it all over me, particularly her favorite toy-- her shark. She puts it in my lap. She slings it in my face. She pushes it behind my back, getting her wet slobbery toy juice all over me. She will bug the crap out of me and stay in my face, pushing against me with her toy until I pay her attention.

It can get really annoying, but mostly it's just cute. She knows how to make mommy laugh and smell like dog slobber :lol:

Aww that is really adorable! How old is your puppy?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
To get my attention I usually get licked, pawed at or nudged with their nose ........... whichever, it's always very difficult to ever say no!!! :luv:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.