Paw Problems?

MichelleandZach

Jul 1, 2011
Tampa, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dulcinea's Roman Holiday (Roman for short!)
So Roman has been licking his paw... it started off as he would do it for only a few seconds and only every few days but now he will sit and lick his paw for 20-30 minutes at a time and he does it everyday. It looks like he has some sort of infection like maybe yeast or athletes foot or something. Below is a picture... any advice as to what this is and what I could do to stop it?

photo (2).jpgphoto (3).jpg

Anyone else ever had this problem?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Ouchie! Not sure what that is but you probably want to get it looked at! My Samson is a compulsive paw licker for 2 reasons, allergies and just as an obsessive thing. I am able to control the licking with his allergy meds, right food, adding salmon oil to his food, etc but no matter how much I have his allergies in check he will still lick to a certain extent, one of his little OCD habits. When his paws have gotten bad from the constant licking my vet prescribed neo-predef powder and it helps alot. Hope it gets better soon!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
If there are no sores I would lean towards allergies as well. Miila has horrid allergies and her paws can be a mess depending on the day.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looks like yeast or bacteria is trapped in the paw folds. The yellow stuff is nothing to be concerned with, just an overgrowth of the stuff that makes the paw pads hard. If the yellow stuff gets long you can trim off.

It's the reddish brown stuff in that paw that is itching. I put malacetic ultra in there whenever I see it and it goes away very quickly. You can also use raretts picked paws recipe if you don't have any medicated stuff to put in.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.