wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
In anticipation of possibly getting our bullie soon, I am wondering if there are any books, journals, etc..that have good advice and info on bullies, their habits and so forth? Thanks in advance

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Bulldogs for Dummies should be handed out with every puppy! There are so many out there...seriously! I think this website will better prepare you than any book, but the Bulldog for Dummies is a great one.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Yes, this site will teach you much more then you will learn from any book...plus you have the added bonus of the forums to ask questions!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i really didnt get anything out of bulldogs for dummy, besides food and heat.... I got way more info off the internet than the book

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I had never had a Bully before Gertie and Ida. I found this website the day after I brought Gertie home and I've never even looked for books. This site is seriously my "Bully Bible". I can't imagine any book giving you the info. you receive here, plus getting questions answered. It's great!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree with everybody ......... this website has taught me SO much!!

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
@%1;[MENTION=925]wfd38383[/MENTION]@%1; I found this website when Horse was almost 4. So, for the first 4 years of his life, I relied on what I read (bulldogs for dummies, and multiple bulldog books given to me by my uncle, an ex marine and lifelong bully owner). I can tell you that I have learned WAY more in the 6 months-ish I've been a member of this site, than I learned in the 4-years before that from books and bully owners I met!!! So, yes read bulldogs for dummies (i'd be willing to mail you my copy if you'd like, you can email me your address- [email protected]), but also read through this site and ask any questions you may have, this is the best place ever for all things bulldog!

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We have a book (not sure what it is called even) that was given to us and we did read it before we got Cutty but it just gives the basics which I am guessing most any bulldog will do. Better than nothing and fun to read while waiting for sure but you will learn all the bigger, more important things on this site, thats for sure. Maybe WE should all get together and write our own book?!?!?! haha

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
@%1;[MENTION=925]wfd38383[/MENTION]@%1; I read in your other post that you're from MA, I grew up in Southampton (right next to Northampton), and now live in Vermont. I have a bunch of Bulldog books that I wouldn't mind mailing to you, books are inexpensive to mail, especially since you live so close! Let me know if you want to borrow them! You'll also learn a ton from this site, so you may not even need the books. It's such a good thing that you are doing your research before getting your puppy, and it's great that the breeder lives so close to you!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.