Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bully Infatuations

Quote Originally Posted by linwhite View Post
    I don't think any of my bullys fixate on anything but I have a cat that gifts me with the biggest leaves he can find like most cats do with birds and mice. I have those stupid leaves all over the front porch each morning and they are not coming from my yard. He scours the block to find them. I guess it's better than birds and moles.

@linwhite...Oh, be soooooo grateful it is leaves...I got 2 brother cats at 6 wks old back when my son was 6, we were having a problem w/snakes ans I was seeing rats
    running along the top of our fence at night (new house). When they were almost a year old, they were raising such hell to be outside that I opened the door one day.

While their Moms were house cats their Dad was a big black Persian BARN cat, guess it was in their blood so from that point on they lived very happily outside. We never
    saw another snake or rat course we also lost our birds & squirrels too. Many was the morning, in the dim predawn light, I'd open my front door to get the newspaper and
    find those icky headless mice...Ugh!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

A windy Fall day here and it's like Disneyland. When we are on the walk, I have to be extra vigilant. They'll both dive in front of a moving anything to get a leaf blowing by.

@gobronco - I loved the Frisbee story! hahahahaha

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

My dogs have a thing for Palm trees or ferns. Not sure what those plants are called but every time we go for a walk they have to sniff them thoroughly and pee on them of course. Not sure why but if we walk by a house that has one of those plants in their landscape (nearest the sidewalk) it's for sure they will investigate and even try to chew on them before I can pull them away.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    ANYTHING that moves when it is not suppose to.... bags, leaves, light, curtain.... UGH
    We are there ! the funniest was when Gizmo saw her 1st snow. We had about 6 inches of the light fluffy stuff... so she would *POUNCE* Kick up Snow in front of her -- of course, gotta get *THAT* snow... *POUNCE* Kick up snow in front *POUNCE* kick up *POUNCE* kick up... ect ect ect ect

She could of done it all day long, but I had to stop her, before she dropped over! LOL

Any leaf that gets NEAR the yard... forget, Hershey is attacking and eating them !

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post

@linwhite...Oh, be soooooo grateful it is leaves...I got 2 brother cats at 6 wks old back when my son was 6, we were having a problem w/snakes ans I was seeing rats
    running along the top of our fence at night (new house). When they were almost a year old, they were raising such hell to be outside that I opened the door one day.

While their Moms were house cats their Dad was a big black Persian BARN cat, guess it was in their blood so from that point on they lived very happily outside. We never
    saw another snake or rat course we also lost our birds & squirrels too. Many was the morning, in the dim predawn light, I'd open my front door to get the newspaper and
    find those icky headless mice...Ugh!
    There was a cat who decided to adopt us. she would not go home and if we took her there, she'd come back as soon as she could sneak out. If we did not feed her she would leave headless squirrels on the door mat so we wouldn't go hungry. We - both her original family and mine, eventually gave up and she officially became ours. Needless to say, I made sure she got her dinner. She lived to be 23 years old. when she died a year or so ago my 28 year old son, who had loved her for almost all his life was devastated His younger brother was too but Blayne had kept her at his side wherever he moved to during college and afterward. I know about headless squirrels.

Mostly, if we get gifts beside the leaves it's intact moles from the front lawn. rarely a bird.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads