Puppy night time help

Mindy

Sep 19, 2010
After 5 nights of little to no sleep, my husband gave me the night off. He was going to wake up and take the puppy out every 3 hours. Well he took her out at ten, put her in her crate and she fell right asleep.(first time we ever put her in her crate without her wining or wimpeding) well he didn't wake up to take her out again till 3:50am. Then again at 6:50 when he went to work. She never wimpered or cryed, he actually had to wake her up to get her to go out. No accidents eiather. What iam wondering is, is almost 6 hours at night to long to wait to take her out? I was really mad at him for not taking her out sooner. I don't want her to be in pain from holding it.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
How old is she again?

But to allay any fears, there is no pain associated with "holding it" - she will just go in cage before that happens! My latest puppy was similarly unruly in his crate (and still is, at times) but was fine for six hours overnight by 12 weeks.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I would assume that if she woke up and needed to go out earlier she would have cried and woke him up. I'm not sure how old she is but the older they get the less they have to go so maybe she will start being able to wait that long.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
My Silva has slept through the night since she has been about 4 months, now she goes 10-12 hours at night sometimes we have to "drag" her out of our bed to get her out, lol! She knows when she has to go and will let us know! Good luck with the training!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If she did not cry or mess in her crate, she is probably ready for longer intervals than 3 hours. What a good little girl! (Lucky for your husband he did not get a mess when he woke for his jobs!)

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Boy are you lucky! Sounds like your baby is doing great! I have one almost 4 month old who wouldn't dream of going in her crate, no matter how long she has to hold it, and one who goes in her crate about 4 nights out of 7, no matter how late I stay up to take her out "one last time". I've fed her earlier and earlier, she's just a little pig. Doesn't bother her at all to poop in her crate and go back to sleep. Guess each puppy is different. (Wish I had two like Gertie). :(

Members online

No members online now.