So MAD! (Rant)

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I am a forum lover, and stumbled across this site while researching dog breeds. Of course I immediately fell even MORE in love with the breed. I quickly realized that EBD puppies are very expensive, justifiably so. I found the English Bulldog Rescue portion of this site and applied to 3 different "centers". Two immediately wrote back that I was inelligible because our stepson is not old enough to meet their criteria. Also justifiable. So at that point, I figured it was only a matter of time before the 3rd contacted me with the same result. That was when I again began looking at puppies and was going to borrow the money from myself because I have been saving for a down payment on a house, and quite honestly the house search wasn't going well and i figured I would have time to pay it back.

Low and behold, I find a house (YAY!) so the puppy money is now much much more limited. (As far as the purchase, not as far as care and maitenance.) Then I received an email yesterday from the last EBD Rescue program saying they contacted my landlord and were informed we are not allowed to have dogs, and I am no longer elligible!

First of all, our lease says nothing about pet restrictions, or a pet deposit or anything of the sort. Second of all, we are an 18 building unit, and more units HAVE big breed dogs then don't. I am talking everything from Pitbulls to German Sheppards. But for some reason he told them he doesnt allow pets?! When I moved in he was perfectly aware of my cat and also said a dog would be fine if we chose to get one down the line! I am FURIOUS! That means there is a EBD out there that is missing out on a home because my landlord decided to be an *****.

So...I responded to the email from the rescue program apologizing for wasting their time, I was unaware it would be an issue because other tenants have large breed dogs, but I had put an offer in on a house recently and would contact them when my residency situation changes.

AND when I do leave I am going to call the housing authority on the slumlord because our units are not even in compliance with building code (fuse boxes instead of circuit breakers, etc) and he never turns the heat on by the date that the City Codes require.

I am so upset! And can't wait to get into my house to stop giving this creep money, and also to re-apply to the rescue!

AAAAAHHHHHH

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I know how you feel, I had to wait well over a year to get my Moe, with numerous hurdles and disappointments, but they do say that patience is virtue :) I'm sure there will be Bully needing your love once you get the house thing settled, and I'm hoping you do share your story with us when it does.

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
I also had to wait a long time....she was worth the wait...we are a good fit

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
You go Girl!!!!! AAAAHHHHHH Exhale, it seems like that's the thing to do today,,, blow it out!!! I would be angry too. Enough to RANT. soon you will have a house and make your own rules. Congratulations on the house. Your day will come soon, very soon. Hang in there.:agree:

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Congratulations on the house!! And you know what... once you get your first bully, you're going to immediately want another one! And guess what, you wont have to wait :)

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Correction 18 units in the whole place. Not 18 buildings.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Thanks everyone for agreeing with me and your kind words. Feels good to vent sometimes

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What an SOB.... deep breath and think of how great it will be when in your new home with your bully!!

We had a similar situation when we first got Nitshcke... landlord approved, said it was no problem (small 8 unit private own building). 6 months after we get Nitshke a new tenant moves in below us and does not like us so, we are told we have to get rid of 'the dog' or move out. We were beyond angry and as soon as we found a house... they guy below us, well, lets just say he should have moved out till we left :D :evil:

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Great news!!! On my way to pick up a bullie in need of a forever home. 11 month old female, marine going through a divorce, pup currently with a friend! Seriously how perfect! Not for the guy, but for me, Plus I talked to the landlord today about something else and he ask with fake concern about the heat, and never mentioned the rescue contacting him. Soooo I am going to play ignorant and if he says anything be like uh everyone here has dogs and the lease doesn't say anything about it. By the time he can even do anything about it hopefully well be in the house!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great news!!! On my way to pick up a bullie in need of a forever home. 11 month old female, marine going through a divorce, pup currently with a friend! Seriously how perfect! Not for the guy, but for me, Plus I talked to the landlord today about something else and he ask with fake concern about the heat, and never mentioned the rescue contacting him. Soooo I am going to play ignorant and if he says anything be like uh everyone here has dogs and the lease doesn't say anything about it. By the time he can even do anything about it hopefully well be in the house!

WOW .... that is fantastic! Congrats and best of luck

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Oh you really lucked out - from no bully in the morning to a new bully tonight! I know you're excited! Be sure to post some pics tomorrow :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You see ........... things happen for a reason!!! Can't wait to see pics so make sure you post plenty of your new baby!!!

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Lmao fell through, ex wife won't give her up. After we drove an hour to get here. Seriously! Oh well. Told him to let me know if it changes......:confused:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Lmao fell through, ex wife won't give her up. After we drove an hour to get here. Seriously! Oh well. Told him to let me know if it changes......:confused:

Aawww ......... that just sucks!!! Where are you by the way??? And how old is your step-son?

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Chicago suburbs. Stepson is 3.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.