Pig ears

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Do you guys give pig ears to your bull? How about those big bones that look like a whole cow leg? What is a good chew that will keep them entertained? They have nylabones and antlers. Is there anything else that will hold up to bully jaws?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I dont give ears, rawhides, or any other types of boness...Bulliess mostley amoung other breeds can choke on them. If you wnt something safe Kong toys are great XL Bone is great for teethers nd rough chewers...Our pitbull loves them. You can also get large nylabones that will help keep their teeth clean. The antlers are ok but you have to keep an eye they dont get chunks off...I usually only leave 1 toy for them while Im not watching and they are crated. others will be by with more advice :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Do you guys give pig ears to your bull? How about those big bones that look like a whole cow leg? What is a good chew that will keep them entertained? They have nylabones and antlers. Is there anything else that will hold up to bully jaws?

I buy x-large elk antlers and the Nylabones. Kong makes a tuff product also. As for the big ears, I stay away from them they can be a choaking hazard. No bully stick either. Definately no rawhide. I've seen peeks give their bully's empty plastic water bottles. It keeps them entertained for awhile. My gang really loves the Elk Antlers the best.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: we have Kong's mine love them fill it with peanutbutter an put it in the freezer they love that an they like the stuffed animals without the stuffing you can put water bottles in them an bones the white ones with the whole in it I forget what its called but they are hard and they don't break off in sharp pieces.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
Redbarn-Bone-White-Bone-3in-99.jpg
Jenna has one of these...bigger but just to give the idea...she loves this bone...sometime i do put something inside or just stuff one ends of her nylabone or antler into it and keeps her entertained for a long time....I bet she's been chewing on it for months and no pieces have come off

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=4925]marianne[/MENTION] im going to try those. Pig ears aren't the best she tries to inhale them. I gave her one last night and I was keeping a mindfull on her and I swear I looked up she had a huge piece maybe 6" long and 2" wide that she had been working onfor awhile. Two minutes later I looked up it was gone, I was like omg she swallowed it, she came runing over to me, tried to gag but I had to pull it out of her throat. Needless to say she will no longer get pig ears!

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
Jenna did the same thing...nothing like trying to pull a ear cover with bulldog slime out...gross & scary...I think her bone is 10-12 inches got it at the local pet store not sure the bigger chains carry them another plus is it's not messy

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.