Walking the Dog

Wnstnsddy

Sep 21, 2010
Va Beach, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Has anyone ever had trouble getting their bullie to leave the yard for a walk? I have a 12 wk pup who will not leave the front yard of our home for a brief walk around the block or just to the trash bin. When we take other places, like the park or boardwalk, he walks with us fine. We try to entice him with treats, but even that only gets him a few feet before he plops down and doesn't move.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Hmmm... can't help you with this one. Both Gertie and Ida LOVE to go out, with or without their leashes. I was actually surprised at how they both got the hang of walking on their leash, just put it on them once and off they went. Maybe if you carry Winston to the edge of the yard and then put him down, he'll be better about leaving home.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Perhaps you could try carrying her out to the road until she gets used to the walk? I would think she would become excited about her walk after a few times. She probably just loves home so much she doesn't want to leave it right now.... :)

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
When I first got Bertie, she would go out in the yard, but when I tried to get her to go past the driveway she would lay down and kind of crawl and start shaking. She was scared to death! I think alot of it was that the texture of the driveway was so different then the grass of the yard or the carpet in the house. She just didn't know what to do! I would carry her the the different areas and would also bring my Cocker Spaniel Dexter. Once she saw that he was there and would walk, she started too. Now all id fine!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online