Your Vets markup on medications

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We have a very close friend who is a vet in another state. She told me how she feels it's ridiculous the mark ups vets charge. For example...a rabies vaccine costs her $2.50... Have you seen how much it costs to get THAT vaccine? Multiply by each vaccine each pet gets and THAT'S a lot of overhead! I don't mind profit taking..AT ALL, but gouging is something entirely different. I get all my long term meds thru her at cost and thank my lucky stars she helps us out.

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
I just thought of something. I do have health insurance for Buddy. They do not pay the $48.00 exam fee or vacanations ect but do pay for the meds. I might call them and see what they think or maybe not? lol After all it was my vet who gave me a free month of Trupanion after his health checkup when he arrived. Hero

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Bo hasn't had to take too many medications and the one's that he has had to take have also been human meds. The vet got me once on neo/poly/dex drops that she charged $45 for.... at my pharmacy, they were $4. So as others have mentioned, get a script for the med, call your pharmacy to see if they will fill it. It literally takes only a few minutes to check and you can do it while you are at the vet just in case they can't fill it for you.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.