Lets compare our bullies shapes....

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have been wanting to post this and see what everyone's "kids" look like overall. I feel like my boy could stand to lose maybe 4 pounds to be in the "perfect" shape but I don't see him as fat either. I figure the best way to know is by posting pics from over and side view of our pups to compare since they are all different lengths, and weight doesn't really apply to all dogs the same. Cutty has a shorter frame so him being 55~ish pounds is a little much for his frame I think. He was perfect at 51 pounds I would say. Would love to hear everyone's opinions and see everyone elses pups in comparison. Sorry about the sizes, I re sized the pics but somehow it didn't work I guess? lol
img_0410.jpg

img_0411.jpg

img_0405.jpg

img_0360.jpg

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I'll have to post pictures later but I know in general Samson is perfect weight, no one could convince me otherwise. He is taller and longer than Cutty but also weighs 55 lbs. I think pic number 2 is the best shot showing his size, hes kinda standing funny in the other ones where its harder to tell. I guess he could lose a pound or 2 and it wouldn't hurt but in general I think he looks perfect. A perfect stout, compact bully and in picture 2 you can see he has a defined waist.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol yes somedays his waist is more defined than others. haha. When he was young, his waist was VERY defined but then again he is almost 5 so what do I expect right? I agree I think samson is perfect also from what i can tell. It is so hard to get the above pictures so they show details just right.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
OMG! Seriously! I took this photo of Vegas 2 nights ago planning to post it to show his "fat" waist. It (again) is funny how we are all on the same page. We are "connected" with the topics we want to discuss!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Jesse and Mandy have no waist, I'm embarrassed.... I maybe need to get them on Vegas's diet....

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas is very broad across his chest but he does have a well defined waist, he is 60 lbs. I don't think he is a bit fat.

VegasandKrillan003.jpg

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
Horse just gave me his morning bully hug and knocked me over in bed, so I said "Horse, remember that you weigh almost 70 Lbs, so you have to give more gentle hugs". I'll hunt for a good pic of his shape, he is definetly longer and taller than a lot of bullies.

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] Cutty looks like he could lost just a couple pounds in the first pics, but in the last he looks perfect!

Last edited by a moderator:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
just got back from the vet and lex weight in at 61 lbs, the vet said that he's not over weight and wanted him to stay at this weight!!!!

60578_1640892423458_1271229244_1788103_2553448_n.jpg 60578_1640892583462_1271229244_1788104_1829804_n.jpg

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
OMG! Seriously! I took this photo of Vegas 2 nights ago planning to post it to show his "fat" waist. It (again) is funny how we are all on the same page. We are "connected" with the topics we want to discuss!

I love in the first picture how O is standing next to Vegas, almost as if to say "Mom me next right, me next mom..."

I know Bella is okay, but I will have to take a photo of Abby. I guess I really never paid much attention to her waist, just always concerned myself with her weight. Are some Bullies Apples and some pears?

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you Lauren! I do think some bullies are apples and some pears cuz Cutty is so much shorter and stalkier than most that I see. More compact I guess would be the right word. haha. I think I am going off of what Cutty looked like when we got him at 9 months and to me he was 49 pounds and looked good but a tad skinny i thought. I guess from 49 pounds at 9 months to 45-55~ish at almost 5 years he is doing good. ;) All those pics I just took and sometimes I see the waist more than others so I will just go with "if he wants to drop a couple then fine" but I wont stress over it.
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] I still dont see where Vegas needs to lose and O is more than perfect as you know. :) (great minds think alike huh?)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Vegas is not fat at all from what I can see, he looks long and lean. lol
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I wanna see a pic of them I bet they have a waist in there somewhere.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Here is Cutty 3 years ago. This is what I think I expect him to maintain more or less but is that realistic? Probably not, especially being the diff is only a couple pounds. Plus I think that was when he finally finished filling out too and before we neutered him.
100_0403.jpg

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
Cali,
If you feel your bully could do with losing a few pounds then you should do a diet and exercise routinue for him. They do much better if their weight is proportionate to size. Too much excess weight puts a lot more stress on their front legs and shoulders. He is a fine looking boy there. Handsome

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Got home to take some photos. Next to Abby, Bella still look too skinny, but she is maintained to date.
IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3067.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

📰 Latest posts

Members online