Carrots and Green Beans

fortindycouple

Apr 28, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
HELP!!!! What can I do and/or say to Jeff to get him to STOP putting lite salt and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter on the carrots and green beans we feed Jack?!?!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You're kidding right!!??!! I think it's time to give Jeff a slap. :madchair::stars:

OP
fortindycouple

fortindycouple

Apr 28, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]. NOT KIDDING!! We get into fights about it!! I know it's bad for Jack, but he doesn't think it is!!

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
well is there any kind of sugar substitute in ICBINB???? If so that is dangerous/deadly to bullys and you can tell him that - salt isn't good for dogs either (which I guess that's why he chose the lite salt).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] any input???

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Incoming unpopular opinion!! :)

Unless he is putting a pound of ICBINB on the veggies or he is giving Jack a pound of carrots a day, the tiny bit of soy in it won't hurt him. And unless he is already overweight or has other health issues like pancreatitis or heart disease, the extra fat and calories might actually do him some good. The same would go for salt. Salt (in moderation) helps the cells retain the fluids that they need to function properly. The only time you would want to withhold salt is if the dog is hypertensive. Abby is about as sick as sick gets and I intentionally add a dash of salt to her meals. I will also give her the leftover vegetables from our own dinner on which I also use ICBINB and salt :yes:

That said, I'm not exactly sure what "lite salt" is. I'm not sure how it's processed or if anything is added to it to make it "lite". Sodium in itself is (again, in moderation) a necessary mineral in a dogs diet.

The things that we think of as bad for dogs like chocolate, garlic, grapes, onions etc are only bad if given in large quantities or the toxicity is accumulated over long periods of time. The only thing that I know of that even a small dose of is toxic is xylitol.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online