Crate??

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hi All! I have an interesting issue lol! I have been crate training Winston since the second we brought him home. We made it a fun safe place and he loves it! It has been a life saver esp when we go visit family out of state because his home is with him. So here is the issue, I think he likes it too much?? When I get up in the morning or home from work at night he will not just come out, I tried treats, I tried toys..he just rolls over and swats at me to get away lol. Is this normal?? I mean I am glad he loves his crate, but I don't want to have to force him out of it when its time to go to the bathroom and what not. I would rather him lay on the couch and cuddle with me but he would rather lay in his crate lol. Any advice?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We have a crate lover too .... when Linus wants "quiet time" he will go off by himself.

It's obviously Winston's little cave that he loves ...... I'm not sure there is much you can do about that. All our bullies are so different!!

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Good to hear I am not the only one dealing with it! As I said I am so happy he loves it, oh when he wants his "alone" time he sure lets us know lol! He cracks me up! I :heart: him!!

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Yep emmitt doesn't come out of his either so annoying lol especially when I'm in a hurry and I need him to go potty!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
totally a bulldog.... Banks is almost the exact same way.... except her food motivation wins every time, all I have to do is lift the lid on the treat jar or open the food bin ;)

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Mimi (RIP) had no problems getting out of her crate on weekdays. On the weekends I would open her crate and she would stay. She always liked to sleep in on the weekends. She knew she would be fed when she was ready. Rudy and Mila act like they are happy to see me but I think they just want the food :)

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
totally a bulldog.... Banks is almost the exact same way.... except her food motivation wins every time, all I have to do is lift the lid on the treat jar or open the food bin ;)

Peanut Butter used to work wonders, now he knows that means he has to go outside and go potty LOL!! So he does his little bulldog head turn and decides if he realllly wants it!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Peanut Butter used to work wonders, now he knows that means he has to go outside and go potty LOL!! So he does his little bulldog head turn and decides if he realllly wants it!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Too Funny!!! My little girl is not such a fan of her crate, but my little boy LOVES it. He goes for quiet time a lot - in fact he is snoring away in there right now!
Layla eats her bedding often, and is restless and squeaking to get out.... but she goes for quiet time alone sometimes (usually in Wilbur's crate, and then Wilbur wants in there too, and then they both squeeze into the one crate and sit there and look at me as if to say "Mommy, make this more comfy so we can both cuddle in here") !!! hahahah they're so funny!

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Too Funny!!! My little girl is not such a fan of her crate, but my little boy LOVES it. He goes for quiet time a lot - in fact he is snoring away in there right now!
Layla eats her bedding often, and is restless and squeaking to get out.... but she goes for quiet time alone sometimes (usually in Wilbur's crate, and then Wilbur wants in there too, and then they both squeeze into the one crate and sit there and look at me as if to say "Mommy, make this more comfy so we can both cuddle in here") !!! hahahah they're so funny!

Lol too cute!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.