Dog Smell

Dan75208

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Marly
Hello,
As you know im still new on having a dog and there is a constant lingering smell like Urine even though she didnt pee. Marly stays in the kitchen/living room all day so its a pretty big space. She is on a all natural diet and take her a bath about once a week and brush her teeth daily so her breathe wont stink.

Any suggestions on helping with the smell? I have my air freshner spary about ever 30 min and its not really helping.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Did she ever pee on your carpeting?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Thats what I was thinking, she may have peed and you missed it. There is a difference between dog smell and pee smell so if you are smelling pee then I would think she must have had an accident somewhere?

OP
Dan75208

Dan75208

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Marly
It is tile and wood floors throughout the house... I mop like every day. Any good odor removers anybody recommend.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
mop with vinegar and water, if some of the pee has absorbed into the cracks it should nuetralize the odor.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Thrifty Maid has a pet odor spray. I'm not sure if its ok for wood floors but it really kills and vanishes the pee smell. Mr.Beefy marked every corner in my house when he got here I tried everything. The Kids and Pets got it out if my carpet and the Thrifty maid got it out of the air and everything else i sprayed it on i even used it with vinegar and mopped my bathrooms.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I was thinking vinegar and water too. Sometimes with tile grout mopping alone doesn't get it out of the grout. I've never tried the products gatorfan mentioned, but they sound good!

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I ran across the Thrifty Maid Spray by accident they have it at Winn Dixie its completely animal safe and has a very unique smell.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
there used to be a 'pee' smell that lingered around stig whenever he walked by, then i realized that it was his bedding that caused it. so i washed everything thoroughly, including his toys!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
If you smell pee, there is a pee spot lurking somewhere. I just recently found a spot myself, even though I clean a lot - amazing where those doggies can get. I use Mrs. Meyers Clean Day products - in scents like Lavender, Geranium, or Verbena - which are earth friendly and non-toxic. They smell great!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
So are we sure the smell isn't coming from her? She could be suffering from a UTI....or pooling urine, or someone mentioned in an earlier thread ....vagititis. Try and wipe her with a baby wipe each time she comes in from peeing. That will help any pooling and eventually a drip. Make sure she doesnt' have a girlie part infection. And, if you haven't already...I would invest in several kennel pads. I don't know what it is, but they retain the icky stinky doggie smell. We need to change those out and wash them (and stinky bear) every several days or so.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.