How does your bulldog tell you he needs to go out?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks barks or does a little grumble with a 'cha-cha' until we ask the question or say the word potty --- then she barks

blackbird

Oct 6, 2012
lincoln park mi
Bulldog(s) Names
mater
Mater stands by the door to let me know or when he's in the cage he will bark. But I did the same took him out a lot of times and walked him several tirmes.. good luckp

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse sits at the back door if we take to long he gives one small bark

lovemybullys

Sep 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
samson. and ares
I have been very lucky. Samson an Ares are both about 10 weeks. I got them at 3 weeks ( very very bad breeders). Anyway I had started them on bell training very young now most times they just ring the bell but we are still little so we have accidents .

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We also have bells hanging on the door that Tank will ring when he wants to go out. I usually know when he is sitting by the door without him ringing the bells but it is nice if I'm in another room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Jameson put his nose to the door and stands there. If u rnt paying attention he does what we call the pee pee dance. He does a quick pace like a little kid trying to hold it. Titan on the other hand will hold it till it comes out his ears. If he has to poop he sits ram rod straight till u see him. If im sleeping jameson puts his head on my side and sits there. Eventually whining. Titan sits on my head. Literally plops down on my head

Jilly

Jan 15, 2012
Northern Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia
Petunia rings a bell as well. It has worked great for us. I'm very grateful for my friend who first told me about the technique. Bullies are smart! But now whenever company comes over to the house they all want to hear Petunia ring her bell!

ajwhitt44

May 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
BREMBO
Poochie Bell!!! Just be prepared to correct training when they figure out they can get outside anytime by ringing the bell!!

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
I think I'm going to have to start teaching Matilda to use a bell. I live in an apartment and have a Pet Loo (fake grass) on the balcony.

Matilda goes to the door when she needs to potty, but instead of making noise like a NORMAL dog, I have about five seconds from when she reaches the door to open it for her before she decides I'm taking too long and goes in front of the door.

:bitching:

So when I'm home, I usually just leave the doors open so she can take herself out (which she does). And we're crate training, so when I'm gone, she holds it in the crate.

dextersgranny

Aug 15, 2012
South Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Dexter will usually just sit by the door. If I take too long getting things together (ie-harness, leash dog bags) or I don't see him, he growls. I will look at him and does this cute thing with his paws - like a 1,2 impatient stomp and growls again. Gotta love a bully!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online