How does your bulldog tell you he needs to go out?

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hello everyone. I take my almost 6 month old puppy outside probably 8 times a day to use the potty and for short walks. I never give him a chance to use the potty indoors anymore. Now I am wondering if he is potty trained or when and how he might tell me he has to go out and how does others dogs tell their owners? Thanks everyone. Hero

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We have a doggy door so that helps out quite a bit. Wilson will go and sit by the kitchen sliding door and then he paws at it. Emma caught on to this too. They'll both paw the door when they want back in. If I don't let them in Emma will go around to the doggy door but Wilson will keep pawing and eventually bark to come in (he's lazy).

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas just sits by the back door and stares at me, if I let him sit to long he does this low grumble to tell me he has to go NOW!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
HRH does nothing.... She holds it til we force her out. (she hates the outside)

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Duchess is 6.5 months and we are 90% housebroken. She had one accident Sunday- peed on the way to my elevator. Prior to this she had gone almost 4 weeks accident free. Well anyway she starts barking at me like she lost her mind when she needs to go out, very, very distinctive not like her play bark. When it's an emergency, as soon as I open my door she full out sprints towards the elevator. Bullies are so smart!

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
If Herschel has to go out in the middle of the night... or if I happen to be taking a nap... he jumps on the bed and comes up to my head. He then lays his huge drooly jowls on my face and presses down, making sure I get every strand of drool and making it difficult for me to breath through the flaps of bully love over my nose and mouth. Needless to say, it works.

Any other time he just wiggles and bugs me until I let him out lol.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Daddy will sit by the back door and if we don't come he will start tapping. Of course every time Daddy has to go out then Linus MUST accompany him!! So Linus never really gets to tell us ... I think there has been the occasion when he has sat by the back door but VERY infrequently.

Bella will also sit and stare outside as if she is willing the glass to disapper so she can go out. If we don't come quick enough she makes her chewbacca noises until she gets our attention!!

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks everyone. I really can't tell if he is house broke yet. I guess I will just take him out every hour or so when he is awake and after slobbering down a bunch of water and one day I suppose he will tell me. I do know when we go out of my front door when he really has to go like first thing in the morning. He sprints torword the elevator like Scueva's Duchess does. Thanks Hero

brcjzl

Jul 7, 2011
Canfield, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Liam, (Bailey RIP 05/22/2011)
Liam rings a bell hanging from the handle of our sliding glass door. When he was a pup we would ring the bell every time we took him out.

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
you know I tried that and my old brother trains all his dogs like that but right now I just want him to be outside every hour just to be sure. that is if he is awake. I had some bells hanging from the front door but he would play with them and I was afraid he would tear them down and eat one. I made them from bells I found in a hobby store..

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Doggy door to the outside. When we go camping in our camper they will start to whine and shuffle around in thier crates.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.