What age can you leave puppy in crate without potty break?

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
So, Tuni is 4 months old now :) She's doing great with potty training rarely has an accident. What age do you think she would be able to hold it for about 7 hours while we're at work? We still go over around lunch time to let her out.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I think the rule of thumb is an hour for every month. So you are going to be waiting a while still. I get up at 5:30 and have Raven on a feeding schedule to avoid the crate messes. She will be a year old in two weeks and now she is ok about being in the crate for roughly seven hours, until the kids get home, without any accidents.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes [MENTION=4054]Bizzymammabee[/MENTION] is correct about one hour per month of age, so like she said you still have a little while to go.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
When I had to go back to work, I had a kitchen area gated off. this way they could get a drink, a bed and an area to go if needed. They all were able to hold it at different times. I had three siblings together in that area. Griz was the last one to be able to hold it. And he knew to go in a corner where it didn't interfere with play or bed. This took about 8 months for Griz. and then he still would occasionally have an accident. I suppose less accidents would happen if kept in a crate.

flower

Sep 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
i would never trust a 4 month old puppy loose in the house without supervision....she will use the house as her toilet if she has to...at least shes safe in her crate, she cant chew on wires or get into any trouble!!! and since u go home at luch to let her out for awhile, thats a good thing!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
You know Wilson was 4ish months and he was able to hold it all day (10 hours). It took Emma up until just over 6 months to hold it 10 hours. Only Emma's being crated still. Wilson was let loose for full house privileges about 4 weeks ago and he's doing great. She'll stay crated until she's a bit older.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.