Advice needed on integrating new puppy with existing 2 year old BB Bruno

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
The great news is that we're getting a puppy. Bruno will have a baby sister in 4 weeks....

Since we got Bruno at the age of 6 months, we're not experienced in the area of how to handle young puppies, and, to top it off, we're not experienced in integrating the old with the new. Of course we'll seek advice from our breeder but I thought I'd post a thread here for some of your valued feedback. I've already read the puppy info here so I'm across all of that.

I'd imagine we'll need to separate them when they're unsupervised and limit their play time when supervised etc. Give them the same amount of attention to avoid jealousy. Separate sleeping arrangement?

Any tips particular to EB's?

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Introduce them outside the home on neutral ground before bringing the pup inside. Yes, watch their interactions until you are comfortable that the big guy won't get annoyed with the pup and chomp on him. I've had that happen in the past. Not nice to deal with. Hopefully, you'll be crate training the pup. Feed him in the crate and keep him there until the older dog is done eating so he doesn't get too curious about what's in the other dogs bowl and stick his head in uninvited. The pup will be sleeping in his crate until training is done at least. After that they can figure out their own arrangements. Have fun.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Let's get Angie here @Lucy-licious! She has VERY recent experience with this! But..honestly, don't sweat it. Little baby pups are given lots of leeway with even the grumpiest of Dawgs! :up: Can't wait to meet her!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online