Bully clothes?

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
Just curious for those who dress up their bullies or whatever.... lol... where do u get clothes that fit ur bully??? I bought Gator a Frankenweenie costume Large and yeaaahh no go LOL.. I wanna find gator something to wear just a shirt or maybe a hoodie for when we go up the mountains. Same for my Hope i need to get her a "I've been Rescued" shirt so people will stop staring at her and thinking i'm a mean owner. or a "Ask or Don't Stare" ahahahahaha

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
You can try things on at PetsMart. I have found that the XL usually fits but I always try on first there. Also, it is usually the neck that is too tight with PetsMart clothes so I make a slit in the neck and then sew it to keep it from fraying.

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
We put toddler sizes on Atticus...Hoodies and t shirts fit him a lot better in the chest...sometimes the t shirts are long but I wash them in hot water or just hem it a little

tht's an AWSOME IDEA now i can re-use my kids clothes on Gator!!! I'll definitely check out the fb page too!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie was the only one of my bullys who would put up with being dressed!!! Daddy would throw himself on to his back and roll around like he was having a fit, and Linus tries to eat whatever he has on.

However Maggie must have been a strange shape even for bully clothes. The neck and chest would fit but then she would have lots of loose material around her waist, and she would end up standing on it if she ever went up the stairs. Then if the body fitted ok the top half ended up almost strangling her!! :down:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] that's pretty normal for a fit and trim bully. That's why I narrow up the waists on the fleeces I make if the mesurements call for it.

At 40lbs I can get HRH a 4T Tshirt, but I have to put stabilizer on the neck to keep it from stretching so big she walks out of it and a huge tuck in the waist at the belly or else she is stepping on it.

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Anyone know where I can find a set of Marine Dress Blues for my Bocephus? Haven't had any luck on my own!

M

mabel lou

I just go to local goodwill or thrift store and but Mabels clothes, costumes ect. The lion costume I submitted for Halloween costume was from thrift store. It was adorable and only paid 3.69 plus tax and I brought it home put it on her and made a few adjustments on the head part and waaa laaaaaaaa. We have a wonderful costume for Mabel to wear and I have plenty more outfits for her to wear. She has bunny ears and antlers with bells, hoodies, shirts a tutu with angel wings, and omg I love going their.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Thanks for all the cool ideas guys, I realized after trying three different size Yankee shirts on Bacon I must be doing something wrong.

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
Old Navy has dog clothes and their larger size is nice for bullies, very wide in the chest :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.