Ellie moved up to the "Penthouse Suite"

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
When we brought Ellie home, she inherited a 42" KONG crate with a door on the front and one on the side...AWESOME crate that worked great with our last Bully for the short time she was able to use it. Well, from day 1 we had a divider in the middle of the crate, but decided that we would try tonight without the divider. Ellie could still comfortably stand, turn, and lay down in her half of the crate that she had been used to, but there just wasn't enough room for her to really stretch out or sling her toys around. I can honestly say that I don't remember the last time that she had an accident at night or from the time we leave in the mornings until I come home at lunch to give her a break, so hopefully the success continues. Lunch until home in the evenings is a different story though as she usually has quite a bit of water, so we're still working on that. She seemed so excited when I took the divider out and opened the crate door on the side. She was running in and out of the crate, head butting me, licking my arms and face, and just seemed excited. Funny part is that she's "napping" before her final potty of the night and she's curled up at the front end of the crate that she's accustomed to.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She's getting to be a big girl now!! And smart too!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I bet she is in hog heaven with all the new space. Good thinking and letting her have a new bid place.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ahhhh the Penthouse Suite....WTG Ellie Mae! :2thumbs: Emma's waiting to move up to the Queen's castle next. She still has some time to go in her Penthouse Suite though. :D

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
She's saving the other part for when she gets a new toy ... That is one of the reasons you took out the divider, right ... To be able to play with toys better!? :ROFL2:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That is so cute ... that she was so excited about having a big girls bedroom!!! I'm sure it will be full of toys soon!! :yes:

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
I'll get the before and after pics put up tonight. Had some insurance issues with my dentist pop up yesterday that took up most of my night.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Can we see a pic???

Here ya go...

Before with the divider...
Before.jpg

And after without...
After.jpg

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
That's a nice crate. I've never seen a Kong one before. The Kong beds are pretty nice too. What are you going to use for water holder? I got these bowls (20oz) from Amazon and they're really nice.

http://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Stain...14655&sr=8-11&keywords=midwest+homes+for+pets

Right now, we're still going with a water bowl outside of her crate that's in the kitchen. We're still working on the house breaking side of things. She's pretty much been making it from about 10:30ish at night until 6:30 in the morning from day one with the occasional accident early on. Now she's easily making it from 7:30 until noonish without an accident as I've been coming home at lunch to give her a break. The afternoon stretch from noonish until 5ish seems to be the troublesome part and she has an accident about 2/3 of the time. But she has access to her water at breakfast, my lunch trip home, and throughout the evening. Until we get consistent with the afternoon stretch, I don't want to take the chance of going backwards. But we're working on it. She's been better in the afternoons this week with a clean crate on Monday and Tuesday, but an accident today....it's those baby steps.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Right now, we're still going with a water bowl outside of her crate that's in the kitchen. We're still working on the house breaking side of things. She's pretty much been making it from about 10:30ish at night until 6:30 in the morning from day one with the occasional accident early on. Now she's easily making it from 7:30 until noonish without an accident as I've been coming home at lunch to give her a break. The afternoon stretch from noonish until 5ish seems to be the troublesome part and she has an accident about 2/3 of the time. But she has access to her water at breakfast, my lunch trip home, and throughout the evening. Until we get consistent with the afternoon stretch, I don't want to take the chance of going backwards. But we're working on it. She's been better in the afternoons this week with a clean crate on Monday and Tuesday, but an accident today....it's those baby steps.

Sounds like she's doing great. I wish would have worked closer to home to be able to let Wilson and Emma out when they were potty training. It would have save me a ton laundry and clean up. Wilson was so easy on the potty training, Emma took just after 6 months. So glad that phase is over now. She's still crated but hopefully in a few months she'll be able to join the boys.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.