Thread: Ellie moved up to the "Penthouse Suite"

Big Easy Brain Drain Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ellie moved up to the "Penthouse Suite"

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    That's a nice crate. I've never seen a Kong one before. The Kong beds are pretty nice too. What are you going to use for water holder? I got these bowls (20oz) from Amazon and they're really nice.

http://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Stainl...homes+for+pets
    Right now, we're still going with a water bowl outside of her crate that's in the kitchen. We're still working on the house breaking side of things. She's pretty much been making it from about 10:30ish at night until 6:30 in the morning from day one with the occasional accident early on. Now she's easily making it from 7:30 until noonish without an accident as I've been coming home at lunch to give her a break. The afternoon stretch from noonish until 5ish seems to be the troublesome part and she has an accident about 2/3 of the time. But she has access to her water at breakfast, my lunch trip home, and throughout the evening. Until we get consistent with the afternoon stretch, I don't want to take the chance of going backwards. But we're working on it. She's been better in the afternoons this week with a clean crate on Monday and Tuesday, but an accident today....it's those baby steps.
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. - Cecil Beaton

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ellie moved up to the "Penthouse Suite"

Quote Originally Posted by spork3127 View Post
    Right now, we're still going with a water bowl outside of her crate that's in the kitchen. We're still working on the house breaking side of things. She's pretty much been making it from about 10:30ish at night until 6:30 in the morning from day one with the occasional accident early on. Now she's easily making it from 7:30 until noonish without an accident as I've been coming home at lunch to give her a break. The afternoon stretch from noonish until 5ish seems to be the troublesome part and she has an accident about 2/3 of the time. But she has access to her water at breakfast, my lunch trip home, and throughout the evening. Until we get consistent with the afternoon stretch, I don't want to take the chance of going backwards. But we're working on it. She's been better in the afternoons this week with a clean crate on Monday and Tuesday, but an accident today....it's those baby steps.
    Sounds like she's doing great. I wish would have worked closer to home to be able to let Wilson and Emma out when they were potty training. It would have save me a ton laundry and clean up. Wilson was so easy on the potty training, Emma took just after 6 months. So glad that phase is over now. She's still crated but hopefully in a few months she'll be able to join the boys.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads