Eating Grass

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
Howdy all,

Can someone please explain what it means when our bully eats grass. Does this mean he has a stomach ache? Or does it mean nothing?

Just wondering....

Thanks,
Gloria and Boo

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It varies by where you read or who you talk to, but my vet has always said... it means nothing--- it is just something they do. I've had heard others say it is a tummy ache or a vitamin deficiency ... my believe is... they just like it.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
My moms boxer does this all the time when she is playing. I dont know why but Im sure her belly doesnt hurt everyday :)

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Bella eats grass but my girl will eat anything!! Haha

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I think they just like, it. I don't think they have any tummy troubles, my Jack used to eat grass all the time when she was alive, I had her for 14 yrs, and she also ate goose poop at the lake. Yuk!! My female Blossom, doesn't eat grass, but she ears everything else lol, but my male Bulldozer eats grass all the time, especially when the the grass cutters come into our complex, and leave all the clippings, he eats the big piles of grass, and I'm always pulling it out of his mouth. Maybe it's fibre for them, lol, but I know a lot of dogs who eat grass, and they can't all have stomach aches.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: my dogs eat grass everytime we are outside they are like little cows grace will get the clumps of grass after they cut it its gross but they eat cat :poo: to ewww! I hate it cause they're outside cats an Franklin would get worms everytime he ate it

Most Reactions