Finally meeting my neighbors

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
An interesting turn of events took place after we got our bully less than a week ago:

We are finally meeting our neighbors. We purchased our new house 6 months ago, and no one has really approached us. I think it's mostly the area in which we live; people tend to keep to themselves.

However, every time I take out Sir. Remington for "pottytime; excellent", or go for a (very brief) walk, I meet someone new. They just come running over to gush over the puppy. It's amazing.

If I knew Remi would have made me a bunch of new friends, I would have gotten him a lot sooner!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
They do draw a lot of attention! Even in the car, people will stop next to us and look in and talk to them!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Bully pups are people magnets, what can ya say.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This is true. After living in my former home for 8+ years and getting Tate last year, I think I met more neighbors in 2011 than i did in all the years of living there! as David said, bullys are people magnets for sure!

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Yep it's true...and annoying. Poor Herman cant take a poop without some stranger HONKING their horn! Some just honk and stare (I'll wave but they do nothing), some pull over and stop traffic. It was cute the first two days, but now......

It never fails, everyone asks "is that an english bulldog?" or "is that a regular bulldog?" - then we hear about all the dogs they own in the past. But the one good thing is since everyone knows our bullies in the neighborhood, we should all be lucky that they all know our bullies in case they get lost.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Wait until you take him to Petsmart, I am in there for hours when I have Vegas!! People just gravitate towards him and of course he loves it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So true.... people should do gravitate to them. Bullies are full of character and personality

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Met another one this morning. Mortified because I hadn't showered and my pixie cut was sticking all which way. Augh! Can't we pee and poop in peace?! Did go to a local pet food place and the amount of attention he got by both humans and animals alike was rather entertaining.

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
Same here, wherever me and Maggie go she gets a ton of attention. Yesterday I was walking her and a passing stranger in a car waved most definitely at her and not me lol. I guess you get used to it after a while, if your single its probably a great way to meet someone!

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
People stop us all the time too! I went to the gas station today and the guy pumping my gas just HAD to pet Zoey. He then told me how much the one he wanted was :down:

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online