Afraid of the Dark

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Zam is afraid of the dark as well as not liking rain and wetness. This morning the steps were dry as was the yard. He still refused to stay out. He's fine during the daylight but once it gets dark... Does anyone else have this problem and how do you deal with it? If he keeps this up he's going to find himself getting one meal a day in the morning. :nope:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My girl Jesse isn't really afraid of the dark but will do her business super fast and want right back in if no one is out there with her. I guess it is because I am out there with them during potty breaks 90% of the time. So in her case if I stay out there an hour she won't make a peep. Probably not your situation but they have their quirks. :laugh:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus was this way wether it was light or dark...He couldnt do his business unless someone was outside with him.

OP
L

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Any chance he hears other animals? Like crocs. :bigeyes: :D

No crocs or constricting snakes this far north. LOL They are a Miami/Naples/Everglades/So Florida thing. It gets too cold for them up here. No gators in my area either unless they are in the storm sewer culverts under the street. Racoons, squirrels, opossums and maybe normal Florida snakes (like rattlers and corals) but no big reptiles or since there are no lakes or streams nearby. I'll have to look into the sewer thing though. They are putting new storm sewers in my neighborhood and those culverts are like 8 feet square! Really :clap2:

OP
L

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
My girl Jesse isn't really afraid of the dark but will do her business super fast and want right back in if no one is out there with her. I guess it is because I am out there with them during potty breaks 90% of the time. So in her case if I stay out there an hour she won't make a peep. Probably not your situation but they have their quirks. :laugh:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

I am out there with him and it doesn't matter. He works very hard to get around me to go back inside. AGGGH :shout:

OP
L

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh that's good to hear then! I can't imagine living where there's crocs. :eek:

@linwhite

Actually, they pretty much stick to remote areas. There aren't a whole lot of them and you have to work to find them if you want to see them. The gators might keep them out of the more populated areas and lakes. Crocs seem to be in running water where gators will park themselves in any water they can find. Even swimming pools.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Actually, they pretty much stick to remote areas. There aren't a whole lot of them and you have to work to find them if you want to see them. The gators might keep them out of the more populated areas and lakes. Crocs seem to be in running water where gators will park themselves in any water they can find. Even swimming pools.

You can keep them both. That elderly lady that just had her arm ripped off and was being pulled into the water at her house and that was saved by a neighbor is my cousin's friend's Mom. I just found that out this past weekend. YIKES! No thanks.....:laugh:

http://www.dailycommercial.com/News/LakeCounty/092712gatorattack

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I think Herman is afraid to walk in the dark, when I'd try to walk him down the street, he'd be fine for maybe 100 or so feet, then he'd run for his life back home - with me running to keep up with him. But he's fine out on the front lawn - he just stands and listens and looks (scares me sometimes that he hears something). But we also live with the back of our house to the woods and there are deer and stuff running around back there.

He was a big boy the other day when we walked all the way to the stop light. I think it was because daddy was with us - I guess he's not feeling too safe with me LOL :excited:

So maybe Zam does hear something.... I also noticed that when he got older, I guess his hearing got better and thats when all the stopping and staring would start.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.