Bulldogs, the rain and wet ground

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
3 of my 4 Bullys DO NOT like going outside in the rain or even if the stairs and yard are wet. I had Zappa and Ziva out at a community event and it started to rain. They sat down when we got under a canopy and would not get up. I had to pull them along to get them to move the few feet to elevator down to the garage under the plaza.

No one even wants to go outside to do their toileting if either condition exists. If it was someone else's dog, I'd probably find it funny but Zamboni, my 14 week old EB pup has decided there is no way he's going out and getting his feet wet. No how, no way. If I pick him up and carry him out he turns right around and tries to scamper right back up those stairs and inside. If I grab him a second time, he'll keep trying to go back in. They will do it on their bed, the floor, the doormat, ANYWHERE to keep from going out. If I take Ziva and Zappa out they will condescend to do their thing but the puppy is getting too big for his britches. LOL

I hesitate to put the leash on him because I don't want the leash to be a punishment. I have to come up with away to block those stairs. I've plenty of stuff to do it with. I think some kennel pen panels will do the trick. I've got some of those not being used... :pray::p

hoopdid

Nov 27, 2011
Pensacola, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Jaeger
If it's raining hard we have to take Jaeger outside with an umbrella. We've gotten quite a few strange looks from the neighbors follwing him around the yard while holding an umbrella over him.....oh, and we get wet! Go Figure.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
If it's raining hard we have to take Jaeger outside with an umbrella. We've gotten quite a few strange looks from the neighbors follwing him around the yard while holding an umbrella over him.....oh, and we get wet! Go Figure.

hahaha i did this with herman yesterday, but it was him looking at me like i was nuts holding the umbrella over him.

but cute thing happened, he lifted his head up to the sky to try to catch the rain drops in his mouth - he was gumming the air! it was so cute!!!

he did hesitate to go though out in the rain though yesterday, i had to keep getting in his face and taunting him for him to chase me and bite me in the rain (he never gives up a chance to bite me).

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber loves to try to catch the rain; she has always loved the water and will do anything to play in it. Koi pond, garden hose, water sprinkler system, slip and side, rain, it doesn't matter, she is a water baby. If you are in the shower watch out, she will push with her nose to open the door so she can stand under the shower water with you. She is a water nut. lol

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon does not like going out in the rain at all either, but he will if he REALLY has to do his business, he also likes to try and catch the dripping water from the deck or the rain

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Oh what we will do for our bulldogs...Nigel and Karly will go out but I must dry their paws when they come in. One time I forgot and Nigel would not get back in his kennel then after I dried each paw he went right in...all I could do was laugh. SPOILED MUCH?

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Ms. Dublin who loves the beach and the pool is loathe to walk on wet ground and will go do her thing in the rain but she is so fast and finds the quickest way back in.

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Jackson does NOT do rain. He will hold his stuff all day if he has to. This actually happened last Saturday. It was pouring rain outside and after he ate his food he went to the back door like usual. When I opened it to reveal the rain, he turned around and went to his couch. I tried to coax him outside two more times and he went into his crate like he was hiding from me. lol. We left the house and came back later to find him on the couch. Soon it was dinner time and he ate again and STILL would not go outside. Finally when the rain slowed down he went outside and quickly did his business and ran back into the house. I commend him for not using the bathroom in the house (never has, so why start now), but that was just ridiculous!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.