Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Collar or Harness or both?

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Collar or Harness or both?

We use the ezwalk harness leash attaches in the front of the harness as opposed to on the back like most traditional harnesses. It eliminated any pulling within a week!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Sylvia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tess & Rocky
    Likes (Received)

Both. Collar around home or our land and harness when we go for long walks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

Mila wears a collar with name tag all the time because she is deaf. Even though we have double gates, you never know. She is so athletic I think she could climb the fence if she knew she could. Rudy doesn't wear a collar. Both are leash trained with a slip collar. After Mimi and Tyler, both gone now, I want to protect my shoulders. Slip collars can get them into walking shape quickly. Btw if you are having problems leash training, a private trainer might be in order. We hired one when Rudy was about 18 weeks old. What a difference it made. Took the trainer about two 30 Minute visits to make Rudy an excellent walker.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

We use both , we use a collar, for short walks especially when we were training, because it was easier than putting the harness on, but Blossom has pulled out of her collar a couple of times, and I am afraid shell run out on the road, so for long walks we use the harnesses, to be safe. We also use the collars for trips in the car , when we go to the vet, the pet food store, or the park, and they come with us. It's easier to put the collars on than the harness. I did see a harness at Rens Pet Depot called the Buddy collar, it goes over the front of the chest, instead of under their bellies. I'm thinking of getting them for mine.

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tanito00 View Post
    Got a question guys, so Ellie is 4 months and some change she has never worn a harness or collar and I believe we need to start getting her use to wearing one my question is do you guys put collars on your bullies or just a harness or both? please help me decide!!! thanks!!

Gizmo has a collar, and we walk her on a leash with the collar, LOCALLY, if we go out to an activity - she's harnessed - now hershey, harness only, he has such extra skin under his neck, we decided to do away with the collar and leave all of the tags on his harness

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Started of on a collar, now transitioned into the harness + collar (used only when he won't budge which is usually after seeing a plastic bag or a land mower lol) he seems to walk better on the harness and when he drags, a verbal command does the trick ... After reading so many posts about how sensitive bully necks are, I didn't want to take any chances

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads