24 hours with Motley, here's the scoop and PICS!!

stephayne

Sep 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Motley
Well, we have had our new baby for 24 hours and I think she is doing fabulous! She has not gone potty in the house, she did last night one time in her crate but I took her out right when she started whining but she had already gone, didn't realize until we got back inside. Oh well, not too bad. Took her on a family outing to the park last night (not dog park) and she sat at our feet the entire time while the boys played. Went to the vet this morning and he said he was so happy with how she looked, he asked me about my breeder (thanks to you guys for helping me out there) and didnt see any forseeable problems. He even said she was the best eb puppy he had seen in a while due to all the not so great breeders out there, of which I found plenty. Anywho, he said the only thing he might see us needing to think about in the future would be to snip her nares to help her breathe a little easier but other than that she looked real good!!

Thanks again to all who helped on the board especially @JeannieCO, you were a live saver girl!! Here are some pics of her conked out on my dd bed last night and with the boys. IMAG0219.jpgIMAG0221.jpgIMAG0224.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
What a beautiful girl! and your skin-kids are adorable too!!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Congratulations....she is adore-a-bull!!!! what a perfect sister for the boys

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Well, we have had our new baby for 24 hours and I think she is doing fabulous! She has not gone potty in the house, she did last night one time in her crate but I took her out right when she started whining but she had already gone, didn't realize until we got back inside. Oh well, not too bad. Took her on a family outing to the park last night (not dog park) and she sat at our feet the entire time while the boys played. Went to the vet this morning and he said he was so happy with how she looked, he asked me about my breeder (thanks to you guys for helping me out there) and didnt see any forseeable problems. He even said she was the best eb puppy he had seen in a while due to all the not so great breeders out there, of which I found plenty. Anywho, he said the only thing he might see us needing to think about in the future would be to snip her nares to help her breathe a little easier but other than that she looked real good!!

Thanks again to all who helped on the board especially @JeannieCO, you were a live saver girl!! Here are some pics of her conked out on my dd bed last night and with the boys.View attachment 28064View attachment 28065View attachment 28066
I was so happy to have helped out you have no idea. I'm so glad we were able to find the right breeder for you and your family. :happydance: You're kids are too adorable! They look quite happy with Motley. It could take up to 4 months to fully potty train her and even then she may have a mishap every now and then so be patience. Wilson potty trained pretty fast, done by 4 months, Emma, well she was much harder. She was 6 months by the time she finally got it. I have lots of potty training tips if you need them. :D Couple things right off the bat that I can think of is get Motley harness too - will help when attempting to walk her (bullies aren't known for walking, lol). They say to keep puppies out of public areas for the most part until they've had all their shots. Puppies can catch other diseases. Food can really important for bullies and there's lots of really good quality ones out there.

Here's a few articles that you'll find helpful.

Welcoming Home your New Bulldog Puppy
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=354-Welcoming-Home-Your-New-Bulldog-Puppy

Dog Food Ratings:
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=219-Dog-Food-Ratings

If you're crating her at night, here's the best training tip of all that I learned from one of the books I read. More than likely she's going to whine. Put her night crate as your bed as you can and when she whines just put your hand down and reach in with your fingers. She'll just want to smell and touch you and know that you're there and she's not alone. Works like a charm for the most part.

Well that's it, lol. Congrats on Motley, she's beautiful! :luv:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is a little cutie.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I think the boys are quite taken by her too. You have very handsome helpers there.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great looking family you have..... she looks to be a sweetie

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
GORGEOUS!!! Oh ... and do hold off on the nares. When we got Linus we had just moved and were still looking for a vet, so we went to one who was recommended by a friend of ours. The first thing they said was the nares. He was only a few weeks old!!!

You really can't tell that until they are much much older, and an experienced bully vet would know that. So tread carefully .......

Luckily, our wonderful new vet has given him a clean bill of health!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online