Sams Yams

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Has anyone tried Sams Yams? I bought a bag, but I'm scared Tun will choke on them! I worry about her choking on....EV-ER-Y-THINGGGG!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Not me, sorry! :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Has anyone tried Sams Yams? I bought a bag, but I'm scared Tun will choke on them! I worry about her choking on....EV-ER-Y-THINGGGG!

I've never bought that brand of sweet potato treats but I used to buy them for Abby. She LOVES them! Otis does too. Roxy sticks her nose up at them but then, she's a princess and is too picky for her own good lol

Nobody has ever choked on one in my house. I don't buy them anymore tho. I bought a food dehydrator on clearance at Target a couple months ago for 30 bucks. Now I make my own sweet potato treats. We also dehydrate bananas, apples, peaches, pears, chicken, steak.... if I can fit it in the machine, they eat it. :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I haven't bought that brand but I do get sweet potato treats all the time for mine, Diesel has a hard time with certain foods making him choke but he hasn't had problems with the yams thank goodness though I do cut them smaller when I open the bag just to prevent it from happening.

[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] good idea I hadn't thought of doing that but with as much as I go through the treats I should be making my own

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
I've never bought that brand of sweet potato treats but I used to buy them for Abby. She LOVES them! Otis does too. Roxy sticks her nose up at them but then, she's a princess and is too picky for her own good lol

Nobody has ever choked on one in my house. I don't buy them anymore tho. I bought a food dehydrator on clearance at Target a couple months ago for 30 bucks. Now I make my own sweet potato treats. We also dehydrate bananas, apples, peaches, pears, chicken, steak.... if I can fit it in the machine, they eat it. :)

Awesome idea! I'll have to keep my eye out for a dehydrator! How big are the pieces of sweet potato you give them? These are probably 5'' long..

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber loves her dehydrated treats, plus they are so much cheaper than buying them in the bag. You know what is in them too. I haven't found much that Amber wouldn't eat dehydrated. She hears the machine running and camps out in the kitchen waiting for what is coming out of it. Its hilarious, sometimes she sits there waiting and watching the machine, especially when I am doing jerky. That drives her crazy just smelling it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.