Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
oh this breaks my heart but I just have to say bless you for taking care of this poor baby!!!

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Never considered Ohio but I was sooo close to moving out near Pittsburgh with the rest of my family. But then I fell in love with this house. If I'd known I was going to get laid off a month after moving in, I'd probably be partying in the parking lot at Hines Field right now :yes:

WOO! GO STEELERS! Bless you for helping with this sweet girl. Someday I hope to be able to help out with rescue in Pittsburgh.

P.S. is that a steelers shirt in your picture :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I was just fine..swearing and cussing at the madness in this world and the people who have done this...then I read this and the tears started tumbling...there us good to be found in every bad situation. :hug:

me too! I wish I could just hold her and comfort her... Look at those pleading eyes.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
RiiSi said it best - Asbury's luck has changed!!! We all thank you for helping her out and Mark and his wife and his sister-in-law!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Crying my like a baby at my desk.... Bev. You and all that helped her are true angels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am so glad this angel has been saved. Now she can be the princess she deserves to be. Thank you to everyone who did something to help, so awesome.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Bev, i was just able to read this. My heart breaks after seeing those pictures of Alsberry. And Angel was by her side when Mark go by and saw her. And then another angel was by her side when you were able to come and take her. Sometimes I'm amazed how evil people can be but then I'm amazed how warmhearted and generous others can be when help is needed. I will never understand people or breeders or whoever who can just toss something out instead of taking her to a shelter. I'll be thinking about you and and Asbury and I cannot wait to see how she'll does. :angelheart:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh wow what a story. i dont understand how anyone can so this to anything person or animal. it makes me so mad and breaks my heart at the same time. bless you bev for taking in asbury and giving him some love and kindness. :2thumbs:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
So grateful that the man didn't just keep driving. He took action! and so thankful that you are able to take the time to help this baby.
I weep for this poor baby but know that she will smile soon and know love with you and your family!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I didn't think I could read this. Those pictures break my heart. I'm going to focus on the good in this story and how Asbury must feel right now. Can you imagine feeling loved for the very first time? To feel gentle hands instead of hands of abuse? Her life is saved and forever changed. :bravo: to all the good humans..you know the ones who act like humans. A team of angels coming her way...:hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You know it makes you wonder how many people passed by her and did not stop. A big thank you goes out to Mark for stopping and helping this poor baby. Plus another big thank you goes out to you Bev for helping this sweet girl know some love. We will keep her in out thoughts and hope she recovers quickly and you can find her a fur-ever loving home. Bless you Bev for taking the time to help her. It just angers me how people can treat these beautiful animals this way. It totally warmed my heart to hear that Mark and his sister in law was raising money to help pay some of her vet bills. Totally awesome.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I will foster one day. Orion is dog aggressive..so I don't think my home would be foster approved right now. That's why I try to support rescues on the other end. Finding stuff for the auctions and such.

You are a hero and I just want to reach out and give you a huge hug. And Asbury too!

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
7:30 this morning Mark called me. He was on his way to work and on that same stretch of road he saw another dog. He thinks this one is Pitt/bully mix. Face of a bully, tail and ears of a pit. They think he is only 4 or 5 months old. His tiny body was ripped up, bleeding, infected and scared.

Unfortunately, Mid Atlantic doesn't have the funds right now for yet another emergency rescue. The puppy was taken to the Monmouth County SPCA for treatment. They are a no kill shelter so I'm sure, if possible, he will be adopted out.

My only condition on taking Asbury in was that she be parasite free. I cant/WONT risk Abby, Roxy or Otis's health in any way, shape or form. Just called my vet. She is clean of anything contagious. She is resting comfortably and might be able to come home with me today. I don't have much but what little I have she is welcome to. It's times like this that I'm glad I home cook for them. It is SO much cheaper than buying dog food.

I made a huge pot of chicken soup yesterday for my crew.
2 Fryer chickens on manager special - 3.60
2 lb bag frozen vegetables - 2.25.
1 large bag of egg noodles - 98 cents.
a weeks worth of food for 3 (now 4) dogs (plus a redheaded teenager)... 6.83
homemade chicken soup to warm bellies and soothe broken souls... PRICELESS :2thumbs:

Abby has a followup appointment for her own emergency treatment last week today at 2, hopefully I will have 2 bullies in my car when I leave there :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.