Should I register my puppy with the AKC ?

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
I am wondering if I should register Buddy with the AKC ? I do not intend to breed him nor show him.. Just wondering is there any bennifit to registering a ebd with the akc. Papers came for him for me to do it if I want. Thanks Hero

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
I would do a limited. Relatively inexpensive and at least you have it, but other than a piece of paper that proves ownership, it basically just sits in a drawer.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
If you arent breeding or showing then I would register. Since you arent I dont see much point in it. Unless you want the pedigee to frame. r

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I don't breed or show mine either, but I registered all three boys and then signed up the AKC CAR Recovery program. They give you an ID tag with the dog's AKC number on it and when people call it gives them the owners information plus the vet's information as well. That way when my dogs are out and about they have their AKC CAR Recovery id tag, their regular id tag, rabies, license, and microchipped, so no one has any excuse as to they didn't know how to locate the owners.

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks everyone. I might just do the limited . I don't see much point in it myself. He came micrchipped. I wonder if they have low jack ? Now that might be worth it . Thanks Hero

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Registration can be helpfull in tracking down health issues and helping control them should they ever arrise. I would register it isn't expensive.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Kim I forgot about the recovery part of AKC.

Members online

No members online now.