Couldn't be prouder of my Ellie Mae today

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Since the wife went down to her Grandmothers house today, Ellie and I had a Daddy/doggie day to go try on some harnesses. We ended up with 2 that I'll let the wife pick between, but we visited all 3 of the local pet stores where she was a hit. We even met a couple with a male EB that gave me their number if we wanted to breed her.

But any way, we were at the last pet store that's just a little hole in the wall, desperately needs a face lift, and makes their money off of selling fish and pet accessories. My family's been going there since they've been in business and I've continued since I first started to drive. It's locally owned and the owner does things the right way and takes care of his customer. But on to Ellie. While we were there, she met several new people that she of course loved, but one almost caused me to tear up. A family walked over and asked if their little girl could pet Ellie and of course I said yes. Well the little girl, probably 2-3, appeared to have a mental or physical disability and the dad was holding her under her arms. Ellie walked right up to her, sat at her feet, and started licking her hands and with the dad's help, let her the little girl pet all over her. The grin on that child's face was something that I'll never forget. I just had to share.

:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
And some people wonder why I want another Bullie.. No doubt in my mind. Ms Ellie Mae you make us all proud :clap2: and your friend Dublin does the same whenever she meets little ones. So sweet and gentle.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=4890]spork3127[/MENTION]...this brings me to tears...but good tears.

Bless Ellie Mae and all bulldogs who do seem to be exceptionally sensitive to these things.

I adopted my 1st bully, an older male, Brutus, who's had several owners but has given ALL
of himself and his endless capacity for love, just 3 & 1/2 months ago, to me & my family.

My beloved husband, Stuart, died 1 month ago of a massive heart attack and Brutus has
never left my side...he's snoring on the couch beside me as I post this.

I'm disabled and caring for my Mother w/Alzheimer's and moved back to our house here, 4 hrs
down the road where we'd just moved 6 mo's earlier for Stuart's new job. My house here needs
extensive remodeling to be liveable (flooding problems), Mother's symptoms drastically worsened,
my 24 yr old son started college a week after his Father's death and is stressed...bottom line, I
haven't had the time or the space to myself to properly grieve but my bully (and my cat) FEEL my
grief and sorrow and have not left my side this past month. They are doing their best to love and
comfort me and you know what...it helps, it really does!

That little girl was reached on a deeper level of understanding with Ellie Mae's gift of complete love
and total acceptance of her.

These things are a gift from Heaven and GOD above and help us continue to live and have hope and
strength living in today's fallen and uncaring world.

Thank you very much for sharing this with us, I so NEEDED this message today!

Please give Ellie Mae a big hug & smooshy kiss from us and may GOD bless you & yours! Carol & Brutus

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That is what makes bullies so special. That's a great story and thanks so much for sharing it.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw what an awsome story. yes bullies know. sarah and my bostons know when something is not right with mom and try their best to "help". its wonderful. :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great story.... bulldogs, most animals, are amazing -- they have such an incredible sense of when to be gentle.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Wow Ellie Mae you touched my heart sweet girl!!! bulldogs are so awesome how they can treat everyone one as a cherished friend :)

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Ellie Mae is such a sweet and beautiful baby!! I'll never forget the day I was sick in the bathroom and my Chow and Rotty came in with this worried look on their face - they stayed by my side until they knew I felt better - well actually my Chow knew I was sick, the Rotty was just a copycat LOL Not sure how sensitive Herman is :blink: Dogs are amazing!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Sounds like it was an awesome moment in time. :drawheart:

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
What a beautiful sight that must have been! it warms my heart when these guys just love everyone. Aubie is wonderful with the seniors where I work; she seems to know instinctively who she can play with and who just needs loves. You go, Ellie Mae!! :2thumbs:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
ahh someone is slicing onions in my office!!!!!! Such a great story, it is amazing how they know. My Uncle has Alzheimers and it's getting really bad, Bacon totally can tell something is not right because he will do exactly what Ellie Mae did. Walk over to him, sit down in front of him, and just kind of nuzzle his hand. They are such amazing animals

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.