Bath time

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
Hi guys. Hope u and ur Bully's are well. Just a quick question when you bath ur bully's what shampoo do u use. Av been using Johnston's and coco smells lovely :) the only thing is after about 2 days her feet start smelling smelly again !!

Much love Jemma & coco x

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
If there is a smell, no shampoo is going to keep it away. Dogs don't really smell when the food that they're eating is right for them. Thre could also be some yeast issues if her paws smell, but what are you feeding her?

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
We use Earthbath shampoo (Orange Oil) and conditioner. I also have Earthbath Spray in Mango Tango for in between baths...

But Chance doesn't really smell in between baths unless he's been in the lake or something. Or unless it's been forever since his last bath. The spray is, admittedly, more for me than anything else. :p

OP
Cocosmammy123

Cocosmammy123

Apr 11, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
I'm thinking it could be cause she goes out to pee on the grass. :(

We fee her a tin of meat pegagree and James well beloved ??

Thanks Jemma

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We use two shampoos: Selsun Blue followed by Oaster dog shampoo because Selsun blue isnt all that great smelling. But if you bully smells there is another problem. Food change may take care of it but it could be yeast as well. Try soaking his feet in epson salt/water mix.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
If it's her feet that smell and it might be yeast, try rinsing her feet with water with vinegar in it. The natural acidity of the vinegar should help kill the yeast and just rinsing her feet will help with the smell. If your pup has problems with yeast anywhere try putting about a tablespoon of vinegar into each gallon of water she drinks. You may find you need into that amount until she gets used to the taste. I found it, along with the right food, made all the difference with my yeast filled allergy queen Zelda (RIP). When she got her TOW Pacific Stream and vinegar water, virtually no problems. When I changed either, back to the vet we went.

Since she was allergic to the grass found in our area rinsing her feet in vinegar, either by sticking them into a bowl of it and making sure to get it between her toes or using a wet rag to do the same, helped keep her from chewing them all the time.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree that any smell is something else. What food do you feed? Often foods are the cause to many of our baby's problems. My pups never smell between baths and they potty in the grass as well. I just use baby shampoo and Pantene conditioner on mine. Lol they r softer than when I used that expensive puppy stuff and the smell lasts longer as well.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I have a very specific bathtime routine .... I put them in the tub wet them down and apply "South Bark Blueberry Facial" while the facial does its soothing job, I shampoo them with "Tomlyn Pearls Au Lait Milk Bath" give a good soapy rub down then rinse and apply "Kelco Ultra Silk Conditioner" I let that stay on for a few minutes then rinse again .... they are so silky soft and smell so very good when they are done ... it's like a doggie spa treatment!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm thinking it could be cause she goes out to pee on the grass. :(

We fee her a tin of meat pegagree and James well beloved ??

Thanks Jemma
Never heard of a dog getting stinky from peeing on the grass. That's the only place my dogs have ever peed. I'm going to say it's the junk pedigree she's eating. That'll make any dog smell. I'm not familiar with James food but after just looking at it, it appears to be good. I'd personally get away from Pedigree and give Coco a good quality canned as a supplement. Pedigree is junk food for dogs. I use Wellness's CORE for their canned.

I just use an oatmeal shampoo and baby shampoo for their face. I'm thinking of switch Emma off it though to the Tree Oil shampoo. Her face is always a bit red and her tear stains are not too great. Oatmeal is a holder for yeast.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.