Bewitching hour....

Nveed73

Sep 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lexi Rae
Hi! Curious if anyone else experiences something of the sort or has any helpful suggestions....
Lexi Rae is almost a year old. She is quite calm all day. We go for walks 2-3x's a day. Going to play ball with her just amounts to her laying down and sunning her belly. However, around 6pm she has what I call a bewitching hour... She will do laps around the house a few times at full speed weaving in and out of tables and chair legs, rounding the corner, pausing momentarily then onto the next lap, while quite funny to watch we don't know where she gets this from, it's everyday... After about 20 minutes of this energetic behavior she lays down and in a few minutes is sound asleep.

MacAttack

Sep 17, 2012
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear, Mac (2/12 - 5/16) & Louis (french)
LOL! It's really funny to watch them do that! My shar pei used to do run crazy like that for years, but she's too old now. Mac (the bully) did it the other night but hasn't done it since.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I've heard it called "Zooming" my female does it a lot but my male will just wait for her to come back around so he can join in with the fun ... it seems to be a bulldog thing, over the years all but my current little male bulldog have done it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes.... the 'bully spaz attack' is what we refer to it as -- 6:30 - 7:00 PM... all heck break loose for about 20 minutes.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I've heard it called the puppy crazies! I was pretty impressed at Herman the way he was making laps and dipping under chairs. He doesn't do it as much anymore, especially now since he cant fit under most of the furniture he used to. Its usually after dinner so between 7:30 - 8:00pm

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko's attacks occures sporadically through out the day. Sometimes in the morning, sometimes in the evening and a lot of times when we're eating. I just love it...dinner and a show!

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon usually gets his around 830 or 9 at night, we call him batdog when he is in that mode. I think there was another feed about this a week or so ago.

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Oh yes. Zoey gets ramped up at about 6:30 and terrorizes the house for a solid 30-40 minutes. We all sleep pretty good after that though!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It's a bully thing. I have all kinds of dogs here but only the bullys do it!!! We call it the bunny-runs or the bully-runs!! They just run laps like crazy from one room to the next. Pause for a few seconds for a breather............. and then OFF they go again. We just sit and watch cos it's hysterical!!!! :rofl:

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
At our house we call it "Crazy Time" !!!! And coincidentaly it happens in the evenings also!!!! She will be full of energy and runs,jumps ,barks and after she is sooooooooooo drained she has to nap!!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH gets pretty rowdy when I get home from work at night. We have a tussle and waller for a bit, then she has to chew a toy like crazy for about half an hour then she calms down and rests.

We also repeat this every morning shortly after she eats breakfast, but not quite so exuberantly.

relayer13

Sep 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tater
Tater does this once a day, usually around 6pm. Last night he was outside and went crazy on one of the plants in the landscaping, tore it to shreds. Once his mind is set on something forget it, stubborn at 11 weeks. Now I have 2 stubborn individuals in the house, Tater and the wife.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.