Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP NEEDED: Brembo is Pooping a LOT

Bulldog(s) Names
    BREMBO
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HELP NEEDED: Brembo is Pooping a LOT

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Fromm is a high quality food... too much will cause the . Cut out the grain and see if there is any change, but I am thinking that is the issue.
    Thanks 2Bully, I appreciate your suggestions and I am cutting out the grain.

Quote Originally Posted by linwhite View Post
    Sweet Potato is not a grain - it's a root vegetable. Cut out the grain dogs don't eat that though the might a veggie. If the Fromms doesn't work as you'd like try another brand - there are plenty out there to choose from around here they all go for around 50 bucks for 30 pounds. I've never seen Fromms so I really don't know anything about that brand. Watch your protein levels too. Some grain free are quite high, maybe too much for a young larger breed dog. I do TOW and my dogs don't fart at all. None of them ever have.
    Hey linwhite! Obviously sweet potato is not a grain!! I was simply stating that the 'Duck and Sweet Potato' bag HAS grain in it, whereas the Beef Frittata DOES NOT.

Switching to another food could help though, as Brembo's had tear stains even with the Beef Frittata.

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    I would cut back the amount by 1/2 c per day. You could likely be experiencing a "poop buildup", and sounds like it got worse around the time you upped it from advice from your vet. 4 cups a day is a LOT of Fromm. Fromm has less fillers, so they just do not require that much. Whatever is not absorbed is waste. I have never fed more than 3 cups per day on a growing pup, and sometimes I have to cut back from that if needed for this very reason. Of course this varies from one bully to another, but I think it is the best place to start! Keep us updated!
    Thanks desertsky, I was hoping you would chime in also. After consulting with many different bully owners, many of who also feed Fromm, we came to the conclusion that Brembo needed to be eating more in order to appeal to any growth spurts that will be coming around his age. I am concerned that if I cut back his food to 3 cups (which is where it hovered recently), he won't be getting enough nutrition to keep him growing. Is this simply paranoia?

Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    I do want to add my paranoid poop mom part in here. Not gaining weight, eating like crazy,pooping a lot, sometimes soft, very gassy. Please check out this site www.epi4dogs.com. It sounds like where I was with Bella.
    Hi Bella'sMom! I am certainly familiar with your situation and appreciate your response. Brembo does do all the things your outlined EXCEPT not gaining weight. He's actually gaining weight quite well, as he was 39lbs at 6 months, and at 6.75months he's 44lbs.

To all others, thank you for your initial responses. I am cutting out the Duck and Sweet Potato and will introduce another grain-free Fromm and see how he does.

Thanks!

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Bacon is almost 10 months and 53 lbs we have him eating beef frittata and he gets a cup and a half in the morning and at night. He usually drops a when he first gets up in the morning, then another late morning/early afternoon, then when we get home from work and/or right around dinner time. Then one more after dinner before bed, so all in all he goes about 4 times a day. So if we were to add another cup of food a day we would probably be at 5 s per day as well.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

(in my opinion) his poop is telling you he is getting more than his body can absorb... Whatever is not used comes out the other end. Listen to his poop. Cut back to 3 cups until it's sorted. Then up it 1/4 c for a week and see how his poo is. If it's still good, go up another 1/4 cup for a week. 4 cups is an awful lot of Fromm for a bully, no matter the age. The only extra he will get is calories from it. If you want to keep up the calorie content-- which I don't recommend-- you will have to except the extra poo.

But I would also think all the extra food will cause stomach upset as well.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Personally I believe you are overfeeding him. Linus is 11 months old now and he gets 1 1/4 cup in the morning and the same at night. Then they get snacks of raw and frozen veggies throughout the day. I also top their food with canned pumpkin, cottage cheese, plain yougurt to make it different.

I think it's the amount of food right now rather than grain free or with grain .......... although I would stick to just one type until you finish the bag and then maybe switch it up. Right now IF it is an ingredient in one of the foods then you won't know which it is!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    BREMBO
    Likes (Received)

You could be correct also! I am first phasing out the grain and seeing how he reacts. If he's still pooping as much, I'll cut back.

I probably should cut back soon anyway but his weight and temperament are both good. If the pooping keeps up, I'll know what to do next!

Thanks.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

Aubie was pooping a lot when we had her on Merrick (I can't remember which flavor?). When we changed to Fromm Salmon Tunalini, her poops became less frequent and a normal consistency. She rarely even has gas any more. I'm leaning with everyone else... cut back the amount and phase out the grain. Brembo shouldn't need to eat as much with a higher quality food. Aubie would eat all the time if we let her, but she gets 1 cup in the morning and 1 cup at night. She's slowly gaining her weight, but she's maintaining a good bully waist line in the process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads