The Most Disgusting Puppy Distraction Ever

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
So my local pet store is family owned by the most amazing, knowledgeable staff, and when I told them about how Matilda gets into everything and is biting me to death, they recommended a special bone.

It's basically a uhhh... bit.... of elk. Not the antler, but a meaty piece of bone with marrow and all. It's frozen, human-grade meat, and it is the most DISGUSTING thing I've ever seen. However, Matilda is in LOVE with it. It is her absolute favorite thing in the entire world. She nibbles on it for hours and hours. (I freeze it in between play-times and throw it out after a few uses). It doesn't smell like anything either (THANKFULLY), it's just so gross - especially when it gets melty... oh GOSH, I almost gag every time!

Has anyone tried these? I don't know what the company is called, I threw the packaging out a while ago (they come in packs).

I give them to Matilda when I want her to leave me alone, but don't want her to be sad! Like when I'm working. It makes her not want to play with me!

It's really a puppy miracle worker. Just so so so gross.

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
OMG I gave one of those to my dogs very briefly. After they slobbered all over the thing, there was this putrid odor. I looked around my house for the :poo: and found that thing. I am a little embarrassed to say that I puked on the way to the garbage with it. Hubby was also quite horrified at letting the dogs have...umm...well ya know :ROFL: He turned his back to them and told them they better not get any funny ideas.

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
sounds like a great toy to keep her busy! But I would wouldn't refreeze meat products, that's how bacteria develop

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
are ya all talking about 'Bully sticks' ? ya know made from the - ahh yea, what makes the BULL a bull and not a cow part!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
are ya all talking about 'Bully sticks' ? ya know made from the - ahh yea, what makes the BULL a bull and not a cow part!

No.... marrow bones

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I buy beef marrow bones for my guy and he LOVES them! I usually give him one on the weekend while I'm cleaning. On nice days, I give it to him in the backyard, if too hot or rainy, then he gets it on a towel in the house. They are great! I get 6 to a pack for about $8. Money well spent! Once he gets all the marrow out, he will chew on the bone for the rest of the week. I definitely recommend for all bullies!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.