cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Seems like Tate and Finn have increased the amount of time sleeping these days. They still play hard and are rowdy in spurts, then they konk out, nap a bit, then r active again. That's how their day pretty much goes. Tonight they're sleeping soundly already even with a nap just a couple hours ago. They're both around 19 mos old now so I wonder if this pattern will continue?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh yeah, when they get older, like 2, some will sleep 18 to 20 hours a day. I want to come back as a bulldog

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
That is good to know. I was wondering the same thing, I've been noticing it ever since I demanized him!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea could sleep the entire day and night if I didn't make her get up and go outside to use the loo. She follows me from room to room when I'm home; getting up, following me and then going right back to sleep. I envy that ability!

Bo is even getting more sedate between outbursts.

Maybe it's winter coming on? The desire to hibernate? Like slobbery, squishy faced bears?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Bea could sleep the entire day and night if I didn't make her get up and go outside to use the loo. She follows me from room to room when I'm home; getting up, following me and then going right back to sleep. I envy that ability!

Bo is even getting more sedate between outbursts.

Maybe it's winter coming on? The desire to hibernate? Like slobbery, squishy faced bears?

That's possible because I've noticed Herman (going on 7 months) retreats to his man cave and sleeps for hours for the last couple of days... and I wake him up to eat and go potty, then he puts himself back to sleep in his crate.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
HRH who will be 6yrs. next month sleeps a good 20 hours a day and the other 4 hours she is laying on the loveseat nodding off between Lari and I.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon sleeps until about 4 in the afternoon every day, some times longer. If he has a play date, forget about it he will sleep for multiple days on end after that.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh yeah, when they get older, like 2, some will sleep 18 to 20 hours a day. I want to come back as a bulldog

I am RIGHT THER with YOU... In fact, one of MY bulldogs (so spoiled)

Most Reactions