when do bulldogs get their growth spurts??

Louie89

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Louie is 3 months (14 weeks) and weighs 15pounds I'm wondering at around how many months will I start seeing a significant change in him? He's definantly changed a lot since the first day just seeing if he's in tract :)

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
If this helps, Herman's biggest growth spurt was between 3-5 months, he was gaining 8,9 pounds per month. Now that's slowed down. He got really tall - He looked taller every time I saw him. He also got longer. He's almost 7 months now - the time of ATTITUDINAL changes I guess :cursing: So be prepared for that around 5.5-6 months.

WestminsterAbbey

Aug 30, 2012
Columbus, OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey and Oliver
Abbey was 14lbs at 3 mths. At 4 mths she's up to 18.5lbs. I didn't think she got that much bigger but I guess it's because I see her everyday. :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I always say they grow UP the first year and OUT the second...lol They get tall and gangly that first year and then fill out and get the wide head and body/chest during the second. Third year is when you know you have a true bully.:love:

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I always say they grow UP the first year and OUT the second...lol They get tall and gangly that first year and then fill out and get the wide head and body/chest during the second. Third year is when you know you have a true bully.:love:

Dublin never grew UP she only grew OUT :rofl:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon went through a big spurt between 3-6 months, he seems to have leveled out in the mid 50's which is what he weighed in last week at the vet. We thought he was going to be closer to 65 but his body is just changing shape he isn't gaining more weight, he is almost 10 months now.

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
I took Seamus to the vet at 15.5 weeks and he was 20lbs and then when I took him back a month later he was 28lbs. He is growing super fast! I think right now his body is bigger than his head so it looks kinda funny. Hopefully the two will catch up soon!

KaidasMom

Jun 25, 2012
Anchorage, AK
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaida
Kaida's been a bit of a slow growing bully. Her front paws look huge to me, so I think she's just slow to progress which is good in the long run. She was 4.6 lbs at 8 wks, and at 20 wks now, she's 18.6lbs. I did notice that she got taller and longer at about 3 months?

OP
L

Louie89

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
I'm going to miss him being this small :( he's gotten so big since july when i got him! Will be attending the Lonestar bulldog rescue bull-o-ween on oct 20 and im debating whether to get his costume sometime soon before they sell out but what if i buy it and by the 20 of october he wont be able to fit in it lol -___- hopefully they dont sell out of the costume im trying to get him.. i think im gonna end up waiting at least a week before just incase he gains 8-9 pounds till then lol

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
They may not finish filling out width wise until they are between 2 and 3. They will reach their adult height and length generally toward the end of the first year. Then you wait for them to "pop" and "pop" again. they will go through at least one "fuggily" stage where they are all disproportionate to what you hope for and expect.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.