Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Flexi Nylabone

  1. #1
    Bully Bootie Duty mdn525's Avatar
    Posts
    191
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Flexi Nylabone

    We bought Tuni the Flexi Nylabone a couple weeks ago and she wanted nothing to do with it. Well now she won't put it down, I think her teeth are really hurting her I let her chew on it a little in her crate this morning while I got ready then took it away when I had to leave and she was whimpering, I felt SO BAD. She defiantly is gnawing through this bone though and I'm worried she will swallow big chunks if I leave her alone with it. Has anyone else used the flexi nylanones for teething?

  2. #2
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Flexi Nylabone

    I have not used these, but you are right, you shouldn't leave them anything they will tear apart if left alone. Good Mum
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  3. #3
    Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    elearn's Avatar
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    1,209
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Flexi Nylabone

    @mdn525 is the flexi Nylabone the one for teething puppies? If so, I did throw mine out because Herman was chewing through it and I got nervous. I got him the adult one that is flexible and he's chewing that now but so far no big chunks have come off. He's had it for months and has just recently started showing interest in it.

  4. #4
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11479

    Default Re: Flexi Nylabone

    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  5. #5
    Bully Bootie Duty mdn525's Avatar
    Posts
    191
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Petunia aka "Tuni"
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Flexi Nylabone

    Quote Originally Posted by elearn View Post
    @mdn525 is the flexi Nylabone the one for teething puppies? If so, I did throw mine out because Herman was chewing through it and I got nervous. I got him the adult one that is flexible and he's chewing that now but so far no big chunks have come off. He's had it for months and has just recently started showing interest in it.
    It was the Nylabone made for puppies! I stopped and got her the one for adults and of course now she's not interested in either of them....grr!!! She is a picky girl....guess she get's it from her mommy

  6. #6
    Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    elearn's Avatar
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Posts
    1,209
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Flexi Nylabone

    Quote Originally Posted by mdn525 View Post
    It was the Nylabone made for puppies! I stopped and got her the one for adults and of course now she's not interested in either of them....grr!!! She is a picky girl....guess she get's it from her mommy
    That's what I did, Herman was chewing through that puppy bone so fast. He doesn't pay the hard, non-flavored one much attention, but soft flexible one he's chewing like crazy. Like I said he ignored it for a few months and has just in the past few days taken interest in it. I think it's because his teeth are bigger and he can rip it apart. You can try soaking the flexible one in chicken broth and putting it in the freezer - might leave the flavor on for a little while.

  7. #7
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: Flexi Nylabone

    Quote Originally Posted by mdn525 View Post
    We bought Tuni the Flexi Nylabone a couple weeks ago and she wanted nothing to do with it. Well now she won't put it down, I think her teeth are really hurting her I let her chew on it a little in her crate this morning while I got ready then took it away when I had to leave and she was whimpering, I felt SO BAD. She defiantly is gnawing through this bone though and I'm worried she will swallow big chunks if I leave her alone with it. Has anyone else used the flexi nylanones for teething?
    I tried these with Wilson and once was enough as he broke chunks off. I ended up throwing them away. I personally recommend for teething Petstages Orka Bone Chews Toys (you can get these at Petsmart, Petco and online. I still buy this one for Wilson as he just loves them and they're quite durable for adults. Just cut off the rope. They also come in other styles.

    -image-jpg
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •