Flexi Nylabone

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
We bought Tuni the Flexi Nylabone a couple weeks ago and she wanted nothing to do with it. Well now she won't put it down, I think her teeth are really hurting her :( I let her chew on it a little in her crate this morning while I got ready then took it away when I had to leave and she was whimpering, I felt SO BAD. She defiantly is gnawing through this bone though and I'm worried she will swallow big chunks if I leave her alone with it. Has anyone else used the flexi nylanones for teething?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have not used these, but you are right, you shouldn't leave them anything they will tear apart if left alone. Good Mum

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
[MENTION=5602]mdn525[/MENTION] is the flexi Nylabone the one for teething puppies? If so, I did throw mine out because Herman was chewing through it and I got nervous. I got him the adult one that is flexible and he's chewing that now but so far no big chunks have come off. He's had it for months and has just recently started showing interest in it.

OP
mdn525

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
@mdn525 is the flexi Nylabone the one for teething puppies? If so, I did throw mine out because Herman was chewing through it and I got nervous. I got him the adult one that is flexible and he's chewing that now but so far no big chunks have come off. He's had it for months and has just recently started showing interest in it.

It was the Nylabone made for puppies! I stopped and got her the one for adults and of course now she's not interested in either of them....grr!!! She is a picky girl....guess she get's it from her mommy :D

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
It was the Nylabone made for puppies! I stopped and got her the one for adults and of course now she's not interested in either of them....grr!!! She is a picky girl....guess she get's it from her mommy :D

That's what I did, Herman was chewing through that puppy bone so fast. He doesn't pay the hard, non-flavored one much attention, but soft flexible one he's chewing like crazy. Like I said he ignored it for a few months and has just in the past few days taken interest in it. I think it's because his teeth are bigger and he can rip it apart. You can try soaking the flexible one in chicken broth and putting it in the freezer - might leave the flavor on for a little while.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We bought Tuni the Flexi Nylabone a couple weeks ago and she wanted nothing to do with it. Well now she won't put it down, I think her teeth are really hurting her :( I let her chew on it a little in her crate this morning while I got ready then took it away when I had to leave and she was whimpering, I felt SO BAD. She defiantly is gnawing through this bone though and I'm worried she will swallow big chunks if I leave her alone with it. Has anyone else used the flexi nylanones for teething?
I tried these with Wilson and once was enough as he broke chunks off. I ended up throwing them away. I personally recommend for teething Petstages Orka Bone Chews Toys (you can get these at Petsmart, Petco and online. I still buy this one for Wilson as he just loves them and they're quite durable for adults. Just cut off the rope. They also come in other styles. :2thumbs:

image.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.