He eats better than I do - does yours?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Im on my way to Dunkin Donuts to get my normal breakfast of 2 chocolate glazed donuts and a mocha iced coffee with cream and sugar. I'm getting my husband an egg and cheese on a croissant and a mocha iced coffee with cream and sugar. I don't think twice about his breakfast and if this wasn't Sunday, I'd probably be getting a sausage biscuit from McDonalds on my way to the subway to work LOL

However, I have to make sure everything that Herman eats is organic or "holistic" and made by a reputable company in the USA. If I buy something I'm not sure about (like his new banana chips) I am hesitant to give them to him until I check the company website and reviews. I try to make sure he eats enough veggies and I never give him too large of portions. He's never had any doggie junk food - and when his vet gave him a dog biscuit I almost flipped out because I didn't know the brands/ingredients, etc LOL But I did remain calm. Whereas I'll grab the cheapest bag of chips I can find for myself LOL

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My pooches eat raw...many a time the boyfriend will ask what meat we have to cook and I'll tell him none....because I gave it all to the dogs!!! LOL

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh yea. my dogs do eat well and sometimes better than me. although i am on a organic kick myself if it comes down to getting them something or me well they get it. im sure i spend way more on their food than mine. pitiful but true. :yes:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Absolutely. I buy whatever is on sale and some nights we don't waste time covering all of the food groups. Frozen pizza has become a favorite around here :) But sweetie head eats proper meals with everything balanced. I spend hours on Sundays planning her menu for the week. My kids think I'm crazy

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Without a doubt!! I must say, however, that because I learned so much about nutrition in dogs with all of this research, I have also become extremely aware of human foods that I would put into the same category as a one star dog food! This has made me stay away from those foods a lot more than I used to. When hubby would travel and it was just the kids and I, we ate a lot of cheap processed foods and I could feel how lousy it made me feel. Bloated, less energy, more headaches. So now we limit a lot of that stuff!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I try and keep all the food in our house healthy ... but there are obviously some lapses when it comes to feeding the humans. The bullys however never get junk food and always eat the highest quality Fromm ... :yes:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sad, but true.

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
So true...I make sure Tun has her vitamins and supplements everyday along with Fromm kibble and her canned topper. Chad and I had McD's for breakfast and I can't remember to take my own vitamins :eek: I always joke that she eats more balanced meals then us.

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Mine absolutely eat better than I do! I have been known to pop in a pizza for dinner while cooking a pot of Zoey stew at the same time. Boy do I get harassed about that.

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Maybe we should all have a New Year's resolution to eat as well as our bullies?? :::snickering:::

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Of course they eat better than us..... I am very picky about what they get... while me, ppffftt, whatever is within reach

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online